This time of year we are well into the holiday season at the Disney Parks, yet there is still so much to do and see before the new year. In true holiday spirit the Disney Parks are decorated head to toe for the Christmas season. Along with the Disney Parks, the Disney Cruise Line has also decked out their ships from bow to stern. The magical holiday transformations, jovial entertainment, and seasonal offerings, bring joy and happiness to guests of all ages.
Although we all wish we could take a trip to The Happiest Place on Earth or to the place Where Dreams Come True, sometimes Disney brings the magic to us. This year there are several television holiday specials coming to ABC and Disney Channel.
“The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” will premiere Thursday, November 29th, running from 9-11 p.m. EST on ABC and the ABC app. The special will be hosted by Jordan Fisher (“Moana,” “Dancing With The Stars: Juniors”) and Sarah Hyland (“Modern Family”) at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL. Along with Jesse Palmer (“Good Morning America,” “The Proposal on ABC”) who will be co-hosting from Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA. The special will include musical performances, guest appearances, and magical moments including the iconic Disney Castles being lit in their holiday splendor that will take you around the world to witness the castle lighting’s taking place at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Shanghai, and Disneyland Hong Kong.
Musical Performances for ” The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” include:
- Gwen Stefani- “Feliz Navidad”
- Meghan Trainor – singing a medley of her top hits
- Brett Eldredge and Meghan Trainor- “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” from Brett’s album “Glow”
- Andrea Bocelli- singing a Christmas Classic
- Andrea Bocelli and Matteo Bocelli- “Fall on Me” from Disney’s “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”
- Jordan Fisher- “Come December”
- Aloe Blacc- “I Got Your Christmas Right Here” from “Christmas Funk” (out Nov 9)
- Maddie Poppe- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
- Why Don’t We- “Silent Night” and “Hey Good Lookin” from “A Why Don’t We Christmas”
“Disney Parks Presents a 25 Days of Christmas Holiday Party” available Friday, Nov 23 in the DisneyNOW app and on Saturday Dec 1, starting at 8-8:30 p.m. EST on Disney Channel. Hosted by Jordan Fisher, Ruby Rose Turner and Dakota Lotus (“Coop & Cami Ask the World”). During the half-hour special we will see musical performances and guest star appearances by:
- Booboo Stewart (Disney’s “Descendants 3”)
- Kylee Russell (Disney Channel Original Movie “ZOMBIES”)
- Sadie Stanley (Disney Channel Original Movie “Kim Possible”)
- Sean Giambrone (Disney Channel Original Movie “Kim Possible” and ABC’s “The Goldbergs”)
- Asher Angel (Disney Channel’s “Andi Mack”) – “Last Christmas”
- Meg Donnelly (Disney Channel Original Movie “ZOMBIES”)- “Mele Kalikimaka”
- Gwen Stefani- “Let It Snow”
- Brett Eldredge “It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas”
Sadie Stanley and Sean Giambrone will take the audience to an exclusive look at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, where Disney guests can get up close and personal to the world of Cars and even meet Lighting McQueen. This new experience is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in Spring 2019.
“Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade” will be shown Christmas Morning, Tuesday Dec 25. The parade will show from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. EST and 9-11 a.m. CST/MST/PST on ABC and the ABC app. (Check your local listing for the airtime in your area)
Jordan Fisher and Sarah Hyland will be hosting the parade from Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL. Jesse Palmer will be hosting from Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA. Joining the host will be correspondents Trevor Jackson (Freeform’s “Grown-ish”) and Cierra Ramirez (Freeform’s “The Foster’s” and upcoming series “Good Trouble”). The Christmas Day Parade is a holiday staple in the hearts and homes of many Disney Fans and every year Disney manages to make the parade even more magical and joyful than the year before. This year is no exception. We will see magical musical performances, star-studded celebrity guest appearances, and special stories from families about the holiday season, all along with the Disney Christmas Day Parade. Special musical performances will be performed by:
- Gwen Stefani- “Winter Wonderland” from “You Make Me Feel Like Christmas”
- Brett Eldredge- “Do You Hear What I Hear?”
- Andrea Bocelli- “Ave Maria”
- Andrea Bocelli and Matteo Bocelli- “White Christmas”
- Jordan Fisher- “This Christmas”
- Aloe Blacc- “Tell Your Mama” from “Christmas Funk” (out Nov 9)
- Olivia Holt- singing a holiday tune
- Maddie Poppe- “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree”
- D’Cappella- “Last Christmas”
- Why Don’t We- “Kiss You This Christmas from “A Why Don’t We Christmas”
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Lucasfilm Hired the Deep Fake Artist Who “Fixed” Luke Skywalker CGI in ‘The Mandalorian’ - July 26, 2021
- ‘Hook’ Star Dante Basco Honors the Late Robin Williams in Heartfelt Birthday Post - July 26, 2021
- ‘The Lion King’ Cast Broke Out into Song Singing “Circle of Life” for the First Day of Rehearsal - July 26, 2021