Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon at Walt Disney World Resort has been closed for a long time now. However, Disney has hinted that the water park could be reopening soon!
The Walt Disney World 50th anniversary celebration is dazzling guests at all areas of the resort including the water parks and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Yesterday, Disney shared a look at exciting experiences – now and in the future – at Disney Water Parks, runDisney events and more!
There are also new, delicious 50th anniversary menu items at Walt Disney World Resort – many inspired by Walt’s favorite dishes. At Disney’s Water Parks, celebratory treats are available now and in the future at several locations:
Avalunch at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park (Snack Shack at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park when reopened)
- Loaded Nachos with Walt’s Chili – This classic treat is upgraded for the 50th anniversary celebration and features Walt’s favorite chili atop a bed of house fried tortillas, cheese guacamole, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream and jalapeno.
I.C. Expeditions at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park (Happy Landings at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park when reopened)
- EARidescent Ice Dream Cone – Birthday cake-flavored soft serve ice cream cone served up with EARidescent accents to celebrate 50 years of Walt’s dreams that turned into reality.
And at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Guests will find a new version of the collectible and refillable mugs featuring a giant 50 for the celebration! The mug design includes creative art highlighting Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck with Goofy skiing hijinks in the background and can be found at different locations, including Beach Haus
Disney mentioned Typhoon Lagoon Water Park “when reopened” multiple times! The park was recently refurbished and looks like it is ready to open any day now.
@bioreconstruct shared an aerial look at Typhoon Lagoon on Twitter back in October. Everything looks ready to welcome guests back!
Are you ready for Typhoon Lagoon to reopen?
For help planning your Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, a Disney Earmarked agency and my services are complimentary!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- New details revealed on the death of Bob Saget - January 10, 2022
- Closing dates revealed for remaining West Side Downtown Disney shops - January 10, 2022
- New 50th Anniversary Tumbler spotted at Walt Disney World - January 10, 2022