Catering to the unique vacation needs of families, Disney Dream staterooms offer comfort and style synonymous throughout the Disney fleet. Designed specifically with families in mind, accommodations are luxurious and spacious, and most staterooms feature a split-bath – a concept that Disney introduced to the cruise industry.
The Disney Dream carries on the spirit of innovation with a cruise industry first for all inside staterooms: Virtual Portholes that offer a “window” to the world with a real-time view outside the ship, corresponding to stateroom location – either port or starboard. High-definition cameras placed on the exterior of the ship feed live video to each Virtual Porthole.
As guests are observing the impressive outside views, they may glimpse a magical surprise. Periodically, animated Disney characters may pop by the Virtual Porthole. Characters may include Peach the starfish from the Disney•Pixar film “Finding Nemo,” a haunted pirate ghost ship or even Mickey Mouse.
Nearly nine out of 10 of the 1,250 staterooms on the Disney Dream are outside rooms, and of those, 90 percent have a private verandah. To accommodate larger families and groups traveling together, there are 500 connecting doors adjoining staterooms. On connecting verandah staterooms, the partition between verandahs may be opened to create a larger shared balcony.
Well-planned design features allow guests to stretch out in comfort and luxury:
- The Disney Cruise Line signature bath-and-a-half design is featured in nearly every stateroom on the Disney Dream. Conveniently, one bathroom includes a vanity, sink and full tub/shower, while the “half” bath has a vanity, sink and toilet.
- Both luxurious and practical, a number of staterooms have round tubs with a built-in seat, a rain shower head and a hand-held shower – perfect for giving children a bath.
- Recognizing that families tend to travel with more luggage, Disney Cruise Line elevated bed frames to provide generous under-bed space to store suitcases and other items.
- For an added pinch of pixie dust, pull-down beds open to uncover a celestial scene overhead. Spanning the entire ceiling directly over the bed, original artwork depicts an enchanted tableau of Peter Pan, his fairy pal Tinker Bell and Wendy soaring through the night sky.
- Staterooms on the Disney Dream feature a contemporary, Art Deco-inspired design. Remarkable attention to every detail is evident in the elegant nautical theme with beautiful wood finishes, custom fabrics and carpets, stylish furnishings, original artwork, crown molding and genuine teak accents.
- First-class features and amenities in all staterooms include a 22-inch LCD flat screen TV on a swivel arm, iPod docking station, roomy closets, mini refrigerator, full-length mirror, mini safe, premium toiletries, plush bath towels, fine bed linens and feather duvets.
The Disney Dream has 21 suites, each lavishly appointed and designed with upscale furnishings. Most suites can connect to another stateroom, creating an exceptionally spacious living area for larger groups and families.
- Each suite has two bathrooms designed with opulent granite and marble finishes. The master bathroom features a whirlpool bath tub, a rain shower, double sinks and a television built seamlessly into the mirror.
- Suites have a generous private verandah, walk-in closet, living room and Blu-ray disc player. Both the living area and master bedroom have a 42-inch, high-definition LCD television.
- Suite amenities include deluxe bed linens, feather duvets, plush bath towels, sublimely soft bath robes and slippers. Suite guests may choose from a selection of hypo-allergenic, goose down and therapeutic memory foam pillows.
Disney Cruise Line’s signature royal suites – the Walter E. Disney Suite and the Roy O. Disney Suite – are located at Deck 12 forward of the Disney Dream. The Art Deco glamour of the 1920s and 1930s is prevalent in the décor of the suites. Extravagant details of the signature suites include a whirlpool hot tub on the private teak wood verandah, master bath with whirlpool tub, rain shower and double sinks, media library, large living area, kitchenette and sweeping ocean views through the floor-to-ceiling windows lining the main living quarters.
On the Disney Dream, all suite and concierge stateroom guests enjoy the benefit of the ship’s Concierge Level providing special services and exclusive access to dedicated areas.
- The Concierge Lounge is located among the concierge suites on Deck 12. Guests may relax in quiet comfort, sip a cocktail, access the internet, watch news on a large screen TV and enjoy complimentary food and beverage presentations offered throughout the day. From the lounge, concierge guests have private access to Senses Spa & Salon.
- The concierge team will provide guests with personalized service and assist with a variety of shipboard requests such as making reservations for spa treatments, Palo dining, shore excursions and nursery care for children.
- One deck up on the private sun deck, concierge guests can soak up the sun in an exclusive area. This private oasis offers tranquil breezes, misters to keep cool, comfortable, cushioned lounge chairs and refreshments.
A leader in the family cruise segment, Disney Cruise Line delivers a vacation experience that every member of the family feels was created especially for them.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888/DCL-2500 or contact their travel agent. Travel agents can call Disney Cruise Line at 888/325-2500 or visit disneytravelagents.com.