Avengers assemble! Are you looking for a fun Disney themed craft? This Captain America shield is not only fun for kids to make but practices some skills like fine motor skills, patterns, and even some patience. This is a fun afternoon project that will be fun to play with after.
You Will Need
- One sheet of each color construction paper (Red, White, and Blue), one extra sheet of white for the star
- Glue stick
- Paper Plate
- Toilet paper roll (for handle)
- Duct tape (for handle)
For a more sturdy shield you can use either paint or tissue paper instead of the construction paper. We used this to practice our cutting, gluing, and fine motor skills to place the squares together.
- First cut out not only your star out of white paper but cut the other sheets of colored paper into tiny squares.
- Form your plate into more of a shield shape. We pushed the middle of these plates out so they had a better area for the construction squares.
- Start gluing your squares onto the front of the shield. Start with the blue center and work your way out.
- After you have the pattern of the shield all glued down, glue the star in the center.
- For the handle, cut a toilet paper roll into four pieces and cover with duct tape.
- Take the handle to the back of the shield.
- Make sure all the glue dries and then enjoy!
We had a lot of fun putting Captain America’s shield together! We used what we had on hand in our house and it was a great activity that kept the kids entertained for a while. Stay tuned for some more fun Disney themed activities!
- Jurassic World Tribute Store coming to Universal - May 9, 2021
- This Orlando Animal Shelter sorts their dogs into Hogwarts Houses - May 8, 2021
- Unnamed Food Festival coming to Universal Orlando this summer - May 6, 2021