To bring some of the Disney magic into our homes while the parks are closed, we decided to recreate the cinnamon rolls from Gaston’s Tavern!
We know that no one “hits like Gaston, matches wits like Gaston,” etc…but can we make cinnamon rolls like Gaston?
Of course, nothing will compare to actually being in Magic Kingdom while enjoying this decadent treat, but we can at least try!
We started with gathering all of the necessary ingredients…
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 packages yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
Next, we followed the instructions very carefully!
- In small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk.
- To this add 1/2 cup melted butter, egg and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
- Gradually add flour and knead until smooth.
- Place in a very large greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
- Punch down and let rise again for second time.
- Roll dough on a very large floured surface.
- Dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34 x 21 inches in size.
- Take the 1 cup of melted butter and spread over entire dough surface, using a pastry brush.
- In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough up like a jelly roll.
- Measure dough every 2 inches and cut with a knife.
- Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
- Place each roll in a buttered baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown in color, about 15-20 minutes.
- Frost rolls while still warm.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spread on the very warm rolls.
They aren’t exactly like the cinnamon rolls from Gaston’s Tavern, but they were still super yummy and fairly easy to make!
PRO TIP: These cinnamon rolls are best enjoyed while curled up on a couch watching Disney+! We opted for Beauty and the Beast for the occasion. Enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
✨ We recreated the cinnamon rolls from Gaston’s Tavern!! They aren’t exactly like Gaston’s, but he truly is one of a kind… ✨ . . . Check out our story for the recipe! . . . . #disney #disneyfoodie #disneytreats #disneyrecipes #disneyathome #disneydiy #diy #disneycooking #chipandco
Recipe from Magical Recipes.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.