The dream of working for the Walt Disney Company is something shared by many kids (and adults!). Qualifying college students get to realize that dream every year with participation in the Disney College Program. The program is designed as a paid internship providing students the ability to become part of the magic at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Started in 1981, it has welcomed many scholars with amazing experiences and career opportunities. The company has recently announced that registration for this years fall session will open this month.
The Disney College Program allows students to gain on-the-job experience, work on college coursework and stay in Disney sponsored housing while earning an hourly wage. It runs 5 to 7 months and attracts candidates from all over the country. Participants are placed in paid positions at the parks and resorts. The schedule focuses on networking, personal and career development, problem-solving, stellar customer service, teamwork, and communication. It has been lauded for the opportunities and experience provided to participants.
Registration for the fall 2019 session is set to open on January 21 and details can be found at the Disney College Program site. Students planning to apply to the program must meet certain requirements:
- Students must be currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited program or institution and have completed at least one semester OR have graduated within the last 12 months.
- Meet any school requirements, if applicable (GPA, grade level etc.)
- Be 18 years of age by the time the program begins
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
Further details on requirements can be found at this link.
Photo Credit: Disney
Are you ready to start your next great adventure to a Disney destination without all of the stress? Click on my photo or fill out the form below for a free no-obligation quote. I am a Travel Advisor with Key To The World Travel, the official travel partner for Chip and Company. I specialize in Disney, Universal, cruises and more. My services are FREE to my clients. Contact me at 804-252-7387, via email at email@example.com, on Facebook or by filling out the form below.
Latest posts by Jess Evans (see all)
- New Cheesecake for St. Patrick’s Day at All-Star Resorts - March 17, 2019
- Win The Opportunity to See “Avengers: Endgame” Premiere with Mark Ruffalo - March 16, 2019
- Japan Celebrates New Live-Action “Dumbo” Premiere - March 16, 2019