Long-term play value continues to be an important consideration for parents looking to maximize their holiday shopping budget while still delighting their kids with the coolest toys. For the top toys that kids will play with over and over again, parents and gift-givers need to look no further this holiday season than Disney for toys with industry-leading innovation and evergreen play value. Disney Consumer Products (DCP) released today its annual “Most Wanted Holiday Toys List” featuring a magical assortment of playthings that offer boys and girls a robust play experience with endless ways to enjoy favorite Disney characters, recreate movie moments or play out new adventures. These must-have holiday gifts are already earning top honors from the media and toy industry insiders including Family Fun magazine’s Toy of the Year Awards, FunFare Magazine, The Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, TimetoPlayMag.com, and Woman’s Day magazine’s Toy Insider as well as recognition on the Toys”R”Us and Kmart “Fabulous 15” hot holiday toy lists.
Disney’s “Most Wanted Holiday Toys List” showcases toys inspired by the latest Disney entertainment including: the blockbuster summer hit Toy Story 3 releasing on Disney DVD and Blu-ray Nov. 2nd; upcoming theatrical releases of Tangled featuring Rapunzel and TRON: Legacy; Cars Toons short-form stories featuring Mater’s Tall Tales; beloved Disney Princess characters; and for preschoolers, Mickey Mouse.
“Parents and kids alike are drawn to Disney for its creativity, innovation and timeless stories and characters,” said Chris Heatherly, vice president of Disney Toys. “With any one of these extraordinary new toys and electronics, families can bring the Disney magic home this holiday season with unique products that offer not only an exciting play experience but also exceptional value.”
Disney’s “Most Wanted Holiday Toys” are available now at national retailers, Disney Store and www.disneystore.com.
[See below for more photos]
DISNEY’S MOST WANTED HOLIDAY TOYS:
1. Princess & Me Dolls and Accessories, SRP $14.99 – $49.99 at Toys”R”Us, Disney Store and : Named a “Most Wanted” toy by TimetoPlayMag.com, a “Hot 20” holiday toy by Woman’s Day magazine’s Toy Insider, and a “Fabulous 15” holiday toy by Toys”R”Us, Princess & Me is a new, premium line of “friend” dolls, fashions, accessories and role play designed for a slightly older Disney Princess fan, age five to eight. These beautifully sculpted, 18-inch dolls allow girls to bring their favorite Disney Princess character into her world with fashions for the dolls, accessories including a tea set, vanity set and armoire, and matching role play dresses for the girls. With role play dresses proving just as popular as the dolls, this collection is selling out fast so shop early!
2. Disney Store Singing Dolls, SRP $29.50 at Disney Store andexclusively: Declared a “Holiday Hot Dozen” by FunFare Magazine, these magical Disney Princess dolls sing signature songs featuring the actresses who voiced the original characters. The17-inch, beautifully sculpted dolls are available in favorite Disney Princess characters including: Ariel (“Part of Your World”), Aurora (“Once Upon a Dream”), Belle (“Something There”), Cinderella (“A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes”), Jasmine (“A Whole New World”), and Tiana (“Almost There”).
3. Tangled Rapunzel Hair Braider Doll, SRP $24.99 at national retailers and: Combining the play patterns of fashion dolls and hair play at an affordable price point, this doll is a must-have for girls and was recently named a FunFare Magazine All-Star toy. Outselling all other Tangled items, this set from Mattel is the first to easily allow girls to create braids over and over again by placing a strand of hair with each of the adorable animal friends, cranking the wheel and giving the Rapunzel doll a perfect braid. For the ultimate holiday gift, girls will also love the Tangled Rapunzel Tower, a beautiful three-foot tall tower playset that allows girls to recreate their favorite movie moments.
4. Dance Star Mickey, SRP $69.99 at national retailers, Disney Store and Toys “R” Us, a top ten Toy of the Year by FamilyFun magazine and a Platinum Award winner from the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, Dance Star Mickey is quickly dancing off store shelves, proving this mouse still has all the right moves!: This holiday season, Dance Star Mickey walks, talks and dances his way into kids’ hearts. With one press of his foot, Dance Star Mickey is revved up and ready to groove to six different songs with styles including Disco, Latin, Techno, and does an “out of this world” moondance grand finale. He is also packed with interactive games that will have children and parents laughing and dancing right along. Named a “Fab 15” holiday toy by Kmart, a hot holiday toy by
5. Toy Story 3 Evil Dr. Porkchop Spaceship Playset, $49.99 at Target, Disney Store and www.disneystore.com: The Evil Dr. Porkchop Spaceship Playset lets kids reenact key scenes from Toy Story 3 with lots of action. The set includes lights, sounds and an interior filled with elevators, control bays and an escape pod to inspire hours of imaginative play. You’ll really bring home ‘the bacon’ with this playset.
6. Toy Story 3 Blast-Off Buzz Lightyear, SRP $34.99 at national retailers: Named a “Hot 20” holiday toy by Woman’s Day magazine’s Toy Insider, this talking Buzz Lightyear is equipped with a rocket pack that “ignites” with awesome bursts of light and sound effects. For hours of endless play, press the red round button to pop out his wings and activate the lights to bring this Buzz Lightyear to life.
7. Cars Toons: Inspired by the laugh-out-loud humor in the series ofshort-form content, these toys inspire boys to play out new stories with their favorite characters. As seen in the Cars Toons episode “Monster Truck Mater,” the culminating event is the final showdown in the wrestling ring. The Cars Toons Monster Truck Wrastlin’ Playset (SRP $29.99 at national retailers) lets kids re-create that memorable scene and take on different opponents or battle The Monster. The set features a motorized floor for great wrastlin’ action as well as a “claw” for scooping opponents out of the ring. The Cars Toons Punching Figures assortment (SRP $14.99 at national retailers) brings the Cars Toons “Monster Truck Mater” characters to life in a whole new way with cool features, exciting movements and fun sounds. A great value, each character comes in a slightly larger scale – perfect for smaller hands – and allows kids to take their opponents down with the punching motion of the wheels.
8. TRON Impulse Projection Action Figures, SRP $14.99 – $39.99 at national retailers, Disney Store and www.disneystore.com: Featuring dark finishes, neon lighting and a cyber aesthetic, the TRON: Legacy toy line will immerse kids into the amazing, illuminated cyber world of TRON and is already flying off store shelves as fans look forward to the new film. Available in 7.5″ and 12″ sizes, the new TRON: Legacy action figures are the first to feature impulse projection technology, which brings the characters to life by projecting digitized, illuminated and moving faces onto the helmet, just as in the film. Designated a FunFare Magazine All-Star toy, the figures also speak phrases from the TRON: Legacy film.
9. TRON Zero Gravity Light Cycle, SRP $34.99 at national retailers, Disney Store and www.disneystore.com: Honored with a Platinum Award by the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio and named a “Holiday Hot Dozen” by FunFare Magazine, the TRON Zero Gravity Light Cycle comes with a remote control and can be driven on walls or ceilings. It also features a six-foot light-emitting trail; in battle mode boys can knock their friend’s cycle off the wall when the light trails cross.
10. TRON: Legacy Gadgets: Only the most innovative electronics will do for a cutting-edge film with a unique futuristic feel. A memorable gift for teens and adults, the TRON: Legacy electronics line is designed to appeal to discerning gamers and audiophiles who seek out products that offer high quality and innovative design. Disney and Monster, a leading manufacturer of high-performance headphones and A/V accessories, have collaborated to create the ultimate set of lifestyle headphones ideal for music enthusiasts and serious gamers. The TRON Headphones by Monster (SRP $349.99 at national electronics retailers) capture the cyber cool aesthetic of TRON and feature Advanced Noise Suppression Technology and ControlTalkTM for hands-free voice calling. Fully compatible with the iPod Touch, iPod Nano and iPhone, the TRON iPod® Speaker Dock by Monster (SRP $249.99 at national electronics retailers) offers pristine sound and is designed to resemble the iconic TRON data disk, with neon blue lighting around its circular design.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- New Trailer for Marvel’s WandaVision just released - September 20, 2020
- Flags flown at half staff at Disney World for the Death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg - September 20, 2020
- Stunning Iridescent Purple Minnie Mouse Ears now at Walt Disney World - September 18, 2020