The pumpkin mania continues this time with a delicious Pumpkin Milkshake!
This sweet treat can be found at Artist Point in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge where is served with house made almond butter cookies, so good! This dining location celebrates the flavors and wines of the Pacific Northwest so this milkshake fits right in.
Artist Point features a beautiful dining room inspired by grandiose, historic national park lodges that makes it the perfect setting for fall’s flavors like roasted fall squash soup, butter poached wild halibut, crispy brussels sprouts and of course this pumpkin milkshake!
Want to learn how to make it from scratch? Just follow this recipe from Disney Parks:
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar, divided
- 2 cups of heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of bourbon whiskey
- 3 cups of pumpkin ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, plus more, if needed
For pumpkin ice cream:
- Whisk pumpkin and vanilla in a small bowl until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine egg yolks, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, ginger, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a bowl, whisking until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Whisk over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat.
- Gradually whisk 1/2 cup of warm cream and sugar into egg mixture until smooth. Pour egg mixture into saucepan with cream and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes, or until custard is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, but not boiling.
- Strain custard through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Place bowl in an ice bath and stir to cool. Whisk pumpkin mixture into custard. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly to top of custard. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Add bourbon during the last minute of churning. Store in freezer until ready to serve.
- Place ice cream and heavy cream in a blender. Blend on medium speed until smooth, adding additional heavy cream if milkshakes are too thick.
- Pour into glasses and serve your pumpkin milkshake.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Mickey Toast To Add Some Magic To Your Mornings! - October 15, 2021
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021