Do you recognize this Minnie Gingerbread Almond Cake Pop from the Disney Parks?
This delicious treat can be found in the Golden Oak Outpost in Frontierland! Have you tried it before? It’s so good! But don’t worry, if you haven’t or are not planing on going to Disney anytime soon, you can recreate this awesome treat at home with this recipe from Disney Parks!
Take a look at this Minnie gingerbread almond cake pop recipe and start baking:
MINNIE GINGERBREAD ALMOND CAKE POP
Minnie Gingerbread Almond Cake Pop
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup of almond flour
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of coarse salt
- 1 tbsp of ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp of ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of molasses
- 7 egg whites, at room temperature
- 10 oz of white melting chocolate
- Red cocoa butter
- Edible glitter
- Chocolate bows
- 1/2 cup of red melting chocolate
For Gingerbread Almond Cake
- Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until butter begins to brown. Keep butter at 110F.
- Combine powdered sugar, almond flour, baking powder, salt, ground cloves, and ground cinnamon in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined. Add molasses and egg whites.
- Slowly add browned butter and mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Scoop 3 tbsp of batter into 3 inch wide silicone Mickey Mouse baking molds. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until center o cakes are fully set.
- Cool completely and insert 6 inches popsicle stick.
- Set on parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
For Chocolate Bows
- Melt red melting chocolate in microwave according to package instructions. Pour into 3/4 inch bow molds.
- Allow chocolate to set completely before removing from molds.
For Cake Pop
- Melt white chocolate in microwave-safe bowl according to package instructions, until smooth.
- Place 1/4 cup of melted white chocolate in small bowl. Add red cocoa butter and mix until desired color. Set aside.
- Dip frozen cake pops in white chocolate. Allow excess white chocolate to drip, then place cake pop on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once white chocolate is set, drizzle reserve red chocolate in a diagonal pattern on cake pops.
- Dip chocolate bows in a small amount of melted chocolate and stick to the top of each cake pop.
Enjoy your Minnie gingerbread almond cake pop and merry christmas!
Credit: Disney Parks