Picture this, it’s a beautiful morning, you are walking into the Magic Kingdom on Main Street U.S.A, you stop at the bakery and get some delicious “Cinnamon Rolls” for breakfast!
These delicious rolls used to be available at the bakery that now is Starbucks. buy you can still get them over at Gaston’s Tavern in Fantasyland! They warm, sweet and with lots and lots of icing!
Want to make them at home? No problem, just follow this recipe and have a delicious breakfast:
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 2 packages of yeast
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 oz) package of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp of salt
- 8 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp of milk
For the cinnamon rolls:
- In a small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar.
- Stir until dissolved and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk.
- Add 1/2 cup of melted butter, egg, and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
- Gradually add flour and knead until smooth.
- Place in a very large greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
- Punch down and let rise again for a second time.
- Roll dough on a very large floured surface.
- dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34 x 21 inches in size.
- take the 1 cup of melted butter and use a pastry brush to spread over entire dough surface.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough up like a jelly roll.
- Measure dough every 2 inches and cut with a knife.
- Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
- Place each roll in a buttered baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown in color about 15-20 minutes.
- Frost rolls while still warm.
For the cream cheese frosting:
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spread on the very warm rolls.
Credit: Magical Recipes
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- These Spooky Oogie Boogie Jello Shots Are The Perfect Boozy Treat! - September 3, 2021
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021