More than 1,000 Epcot enthusiasts, members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club,gathered at Epcot’s World Showcase on Sunday, Sunday 29th, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the theme park, which first opened on Oct. 1, 1982. A day of special panels and presentations, all created by D23, marked the anniversary.
Panelists of the “We Can Do It” presentation included (left to right) Disney Legend, original Tom Sawyer on Tom Sawyer Island, and former manager of distribution services at Walt Disney World Tom Nabbe; Disney Legend and executive vice president of Parks, Walt Disney World Bob Matheison; Disney Legend and former vice president of the Magic KingdomBill Sullivan; former Walt Disney World vice president of purchasing and contract services Howard Roland; Disney author and Imagineer Jason Surrell; former president of Disney Participant Relations Jim McCaskill; former director of Walt Disney World Casting Duncan Dickson; and Disney Legend Charlie Ridgway, whohelped launch the opening of Walt Disney World in 1971 and EPCOT Center in 1982, among other Disney theme parks around the world.
(© Disney. Photo: Paul Auyeung, Courtesy D23: The Official Disney Fan Club.)
- Happy 30th Birthday Epcot! (chipandco.com)
- Epcot’s 30th Anniversary Event Schedule (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Modified Festival of the Lion King returning this Summer to Disney’s Animal Kingdom - January 21, 2021
- Comedian Jim Gaffigan to Play Mr. Smee in Disney’s Peter Pan & Wendy - January 21, 2021
- You can win a trip to Disney’s Aulani Resort with the Magic of ‘Ohana Sweepstakes - January 21, 2021