With the surge of COVID cases caused by the omicron variant, New York City has become a hot spot for the virus once again and Broadway has not been immune to the spread. Most shows, including Hamilton, Aladdin, and The Lion King have all halted performances until after Christmas to help slow the spread and allow infected cast members to heal and rest before returning to theaters.
Currently, the Broadway schedule has been adjusted for the following shows:
- Ain’t Too Proud canceled performances through Dec 26
- Aladdin canceled performances through Dec. 24; resumes Dec. 26
- Dear Evan Hansen has canceled performances through Dec. 26; resumes Dec. 27
- Hadestown canceled performances through Dec. 27
- Hamilton canceled all performances through Dec. 26
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child canceled shows through Dec. 27
- The Lion King has canceled performances through Dec 26; resumes Dec. 27
- MJ has canceled performances through Dec. 26; resumes Dec. 27
- Moulin Rouge! The Musical canceled through Dec. 20; resumes Dec. 21
- Mrs. Doubtfire canceled performances through Dec. 21; resumes Dec. 22
- Six canceled its Mon. Dec. 20 show; expected to resume Dec. 21
- Skeleton Crew has delayed its first performance by a week to Mon. Dec. 27
- Tina – The Tina Turner Musical canceled performances through Dec. 20; expected to resume Dec. 21
According to theaters, tickets are being refunded at the time of purchase for the canceled shows. Be sure to check back here at Chip and Company for updates and all things entertainment!
Featured Photo Credit: Disney / Hamilton
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!