The Glidden paint brand unveiled the Colortopia exhibit today, a new interactive exhibit that creates colorful experiences for guests of all ages. The new colorful experience is in Innoventions at Epcot, part of the Walt Disney World Resort, and will entertain, inform, and inspire guests about the power of color!
The Colortopia exhibit by Glidden paint will welcome park guests to explore the thrilling facets of color and the impact it has on the world them. The Colortopia exhibit invites guests to walk through three unique areas to encounter exciting interactions that bring to life color theory, the psychology of color and the perception of color, all while immersing guests in surprising hands on activities.
This new exhibit not only demonstrates that color is a visual treat, but also a dynamic and emotional experience. Your in depth journey into Colortopia will cover over 3,700 square feet, and is expected to last about 30 minutes.
“Combining Glidden paint’s rich tradition of innovation and color inspiration with the creative power of Walt Disney Imagineering was a perfect collaboration to create a one-of-a-kind experience that engages visitors with color in ways they never have before,” said Max Wetzel, chief marketing officer and general manager of home centers, PPG Architectural Coatings, U.S. and Canada, makers of Glidden paint. “With the Glidden brand, we know the important role color plays when selecting paint for your home. Color also has a powerful role in our everyday lives, and it is truly brought to life in the Colortopia exhibit.”
“Starting with Disney’s premier full-color film in 1932, our company has been fascinated by color,” said Melissa Valiquette, vice president, Epcot. “That fascination is evident throughout our parks and our resorts and is why we’re thrilled to collaborate with Glidden as we work together to bring Colortopia to life for our guests.”
Colortopia Exhibit Experience: The Colortopia exhibit by Glidden paint is comprised of three zones where guests can experience color in an entertaining, interactive environment:
- “The Power of Color” in this special designed standing theater, guests will enjoy a short presentation that explores the psychology of color by immersing guests in a full spectrum of colors.
- In “The Color Lab”, guests can play Color Mix ‘n Match, an interactive game that allows guests to mix red, green and blue to create bold new colors. A second interactive station, Spinning Spectrums, teaches guests about the persistence of vision through painted spinning discs. Here guests can try to guess what color their eyes will perceive once the multi-colored discs start to spin quickly.
- In “Color Our World”, guests can play with fun color shadows while they wait to receive a magic paint brush, which they can use in the studio to bring the world around them to life with their personal color choices.
Colortopia by Glidden Paint Mobile App: The Colortopia experience extends beyond the exhibit with the Colortopia mobile app and website, allowing guests to bring a world of colorful fun into their own homes. The palette of options include:
- In-Park Mobile Interaction – guests can play an interactive color-matching game that responds to the illuminated walls of the pavilion itself, or they can save the colorful murals created in “Color Our World” to continue the fun at home.
- World Showcase Color Palette – The Colortopia app unlocks Glidden paint color palettes as guests travel around the World Showcase at Epcot. By collecting and saving the unique Glidden paint palettes inspired by each country within the World Showcase, guests can bring home color inspiration from their vacation for use in their own homes.
- Bring a World of Color Home – The app enables users to photograph and digitally paint their own home spaces and décor using unique Glidden paint color palettes inspired by each country within World Showcase at Epcot as well as 96 other Glidden
- Grab Color Inspiration From a Photo – With just a click, the app can match colors from photos from users’ mobile device camera or photo library with the closest shades from the Glidden Users can also colorize their personal photos with a range of vivid palettes.
What an exciting new experience coming to Epcot, how dazzled are you?
Glidden is a registered trademark of the PPG Group of Companies.
Bringing innovation to the surface and the PPG Logo are registered trademarks of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
Colortopia is a trademark of PPG Architectural Finishes, Inc.
Photography Credit: Disney Parks Blog.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Trailer for the 2nd season of The World according to Jeff Goldblum is out now! - October 22, 2021
- Main Street USA Train Station Platform refurbishment now complete - October 22, 2021
- Construction to begin on Cinderella’s Royal Table - October 22, 2021