If you are a Star Wars fan, then Disney’s Hollywood Studios is definitely the place to be in 2017. The theme park continues to bulk out its Star Wars attractions and shows. From amazing stage shows, to evening fireworks displays, to meet and greets with your favorite Star Wars characters, there’s no shortage of offerings to please fans both young and old. To keep us straight, Disney recently released a re-cap on all of the fantastic Star Wars based attractions and activities that you’ll currently find at Walt Disney World. So make a note and be sure to add your favorites to you Disney must-do list.
Let’s start with Star Wars Launch Bay- This delightful building devoted completely to the franchise is a treasure trove of exhibits, memorabilia, interactive displays and is even home to some of your favorite characters.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll find here:
- NEW! Meet BB-8 – Starting this April, guests will board a Resistance freighter where this much loved droid from Star Wars:The Force Awakens will be holding court.
- Other Special Character Meet and Greets: In addition guests also have the opportunity to square off against the formidable Kylo Ren or head to a makeshift Rebel Base where you’ll meet everyone’s favorite co-pilot Chewbacca.
- Launch Bay Theater – Here fans will find a short video where the directors, producers, writers, Imagineers and Crew Members discuss the steps involved in bringing the Star Wars sage to life.
- Museum and Galleries – Have your cameras at the ready, as here you’ll find replicas and memorabilia from the films.
- The Cantina – Elements from the famous Cantina scene in the original film are on display including the holochess game table.
- Launch Bay Cargo – Your one-stop-shop for Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items that you won’t find anywhere else.
In addition to the Launch Bay a handful of other intergalactic offerings await including:
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – The famous motion simulator experience that allows you to explore space with some of your favorite Star Wars friends as you revisit several of the key locations found in the films both new and old. New scenes from “Star Wars: Episode VIII” will also be added later in 2017.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Perfect for the young Padawans in your group, this event allows guests to jump up on stage and go light saber to light saber with some of their favorite baddies including Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars Rebels.
Star Wars: Path of The Jedi – This abridged, cinematic reel features scenes from all of the films in the Star Wars franchise. Not only is it a walk down memory lane for avid Star Wars fans but also serves as a terrific starting point for guests that aren’t too familiar with the films.
March of the First Order – Captain Phasma leads her squad of Stormtroopers up Hollywood Boulevard to Center Stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests won’t want this amazing demonstration of the First Order.
“Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular”- Disney evening entertainment at its best, you won’t want to miss this awe-inspiring evening show which combines pyrotechnics, projections, music and special effects to take visitors through some of the key scenes from the Star Wars films.
Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away – There are more than a few surprises that may make die-hard a bit weepy during this stage show. Watch as some of your favorite Star Wars scenes come to life—including moments from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Guided Tours- In addition to all of the fantastic offerings listed above, Disney is also a Star Wars guided tour that promises 7 hours of out-of-this-world experiences including:
- Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Encounter two Star Wars characters (Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at Star Wars Launch Bay
- An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay
- Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”
- Enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items during dinner at Backlot Express
- A spot in the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which includes themed sweets and specialty beverages, as well as reserved viewing for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show
Children ages 4-12 on the guided tour package can also train in the way of The Force in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. The tour costs $129 per person and are offered on Mondays and Saturdays.
So be sure to head on offer to Hollywood Studios during your next Disney visit to enjoy all of the fantastic Star Wars themed rides, attractions, exhibits and more.
Planning a trip to Disney World? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect resort to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.