Starting this weekend Southern California, which includes the Disneyland Resort, will be under a new stay-at-home order per Governor Newsom. The order will last three weeks or longer depending on COVID-19 transmission rates and ICU capacity.
As of now, only the Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure are open. Here are the restrictions that would apply to the Disneyland Resort during this stay-at-home order:
- Retail: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
- Shopping centers: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
- Hotels and lodging: Allow to open for critical infrastructure support only.
- Restaurants: Allow only for take-out, pick-up, or delivery.
Disneyland shared an update yesterday stating that restaurants and dining locations that do not offer take-out will close tomorrow. Here’s a breakdown of how this order will affect operations at the Disneyland Resort:
- Dining: Disney’s latest update indicates that no food or beverage may be consumed on-property, and all food and beverages must be taken to-go and consumed off Disney property. Only dining locations offering takeout are allowed to stay open, as no table-service dining is allowed during this stay-at-home order mandated by the state.
- Capacity: Capacity will be limited even more than before, with fewer Guests allowed inside stores like Elias & Co. on Buena Vista Street and World of Disney in Downtown Disney. Capacity at Downtown Disney (including Buena Vista Street) will be reduced from 25% to 20%.
- Hotels: Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa was set to reopen on December 6. However, Disney delayed the reopening as they evaluated the guidance from Gov. Newsom under the stay-at-home order.
Sadly, this means Cast Members will most likely be furloughed for an unknown length of time again.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!