Disney Springs is celebrating “Herstory” for Women’s History Month! For all of March, Disney will be highlighting the work of female artists and entrepreneurs. They will showcase some of the talented women who have worked for the Walt Disney Company over the years and celebrate the unique perspective that they have brought to life.
Banners and signs are already being put in place around Disney Springs. Female Disney characters such as Minnie Mouse, Mulan, and Moana feature prominently in these decorations. Hopefully, your favorite Disney lady is being honored!
A spotlight series at The Art of Disney and WonderGround Gallery will be coming back to focus on female filmmakers, artists, and directors who work or have worked at the Walt Disney Animation Studios. These women include Mary Blair, Ruthie Tompson, Retta Scott (Worcester), Jennifer Lee, Josie Trinidad, to name a few.
Visiting artists who will be showcasing their artwork throughout March includes Julia Gabrielov March 13-14, 20-21 at The Art of Disney, Meredith Young March 26-28 at Marketplace Co-Op, Paola Gracey March 26-28 at The Art of Disney, and special appearances by Jasmine Beckett Griffith on select dates from March 11-31 at Marketplace Co-Op.
On March 8, meet Fabiola Garza Villalobos, Character Artist from the Disney Creative Group. Fabiola created the art for A Little Golden Book based on Disney & Pixar’s Coco. She also designed the pattern on the newest “Robinhood” Dooney & Bourke collection. She will be available from 10 AM to 12 PM at Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories to meet guests and sign purchases.
New acts will take to Waterside Stage every Wednesday night from 5 to 9 PM. Get ready to hear great female vocalists and songs in honor of Women’s History Month including Just Imagin3 and the Skillzmatic Band “SMB”.
Chef Yolanda Lazo Colon from Amorette’s Patisserie and Chef Amanda Lauder from The Ganachery are fantastic examples of women exceeding expectations in cuisine and team leadership. They are crafting treats in honor of Women’s History Month. Try the Flancocho, a mix of chocolate cake and flan, at Amorette’s. A Chef Toque Bonbon a treat filled with 65% dark chocolate, Morello cherry gel, and pistachio ganache waits for you at The Ganachery.
The new Mrs. Incredible Float made with black cherry lemonade, strawberry and lemon Dole Whip served with a Mrs. Incredible novelty straw at Marketplace Snacks will be the go-to snack for quick service. City Works Eatery & Pour House is spotlighting the “Her Hops Flight” featuring four female-owned breweries. Sprinkles has set a goal to donate over $25,000 to various organizations for women in 2021. Their “She is FIERCE” red velvet cupcake will be sold on March 8th for International Women’s Day.
If you’re hoping to buy from a woman-owned business, try these Disney Springs locations: Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC, Rustic Cuff, Sugarboo & Co., and Vivoli il Gelato.
Other shops that will be celebrating Women’s History Month are:
- Alex and Ani with collections like “it’s a NEW DAY” that celebrates women in their pursuit of personal growth.
- House of Blues Gear Shop is featuring the Halo Mission Jewelry Collection with jewelry pieces made from guitar strings and owned by women.
- L’Occitane en Provence celebrates over 40 years in fair-trade partnership with women of West Africa. For Women’s History Month, 100% of profits from the Solidarity hand cream will be donated to women’s leadership causes.
- Lovepop’s workforce is more than half made up of women and they feature many designs by women.
- Pele Soccer is featuring a collection dedicated to the Champion U.S. Women’s Team with a variety of products such as authentic jerseys, t-shirts, hats, and more.
- Ron Jon Surf Shop is highlighting two lines of products with women CEOs: SS Designs (President & CEO, Cindy Zimmerman) and Natural Life (Founder & CEO Patti Hughes).
- Vera Bradley is celebrating one of Disney’s favorite females, Minnie Mouse, featured on the new Minnie’s Garden Party and Minnie’s Garden Dots pattern releasing on March 11.
These and many more cherished women of the Walt Disney Company will be recognized for their achievements in the upcoming month. Keep checking back for more details about Disney Springs’ celebration of “Herstory” month!
Photos courtesy of Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Carver’s Peanut Butter Explosion Is Perfect for Sharing at Vivoli Il Gelato in Disney Springs - January 4, 2022
- New “Drawn to Life” Donut at Everglazed Donuts in Disney Springs - January 4, 2022
- Dig In to the Boba Fett Petit Cake at Disney Springs - December 31, 2021