It’s National Caramel Popcorn Day and what better way to celebrate it than with some Caramel Popcorn just like the one you will find at Disney Parks!
When we are at Disney World, the place to get this delicious treat is definitely the German Pavilion at Epcot! They are sweet and crunchy and just the perfect snack to have while you walk around the World Showcase.
If you can’t visit Disney World right now, no worries because we have a recipe so you can make these popcorn at home! Take a look:
- 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of salt, plus additional if desired
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 225F. Line 2 large baking sheets with silicone baking mat. (If you only have one silicone mat, you can line the second baking mat with parchment paper, a silicone baking mat has the best baking results for this recipe).
- Use an air popper to pop your popcorn to avoid adding extra oil to the recipe.
- Spread popped popcorn evenly across one sheet, then set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium hear, combine the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
- Whisk the mixture constantly until butter has melted and brown sugar has dissolved, about 3-5 minutes.
- While continuing to whisk, add the vanilla, salt and baking soda into the caramel. The baking soda will cause some bubbling.
- Remove saucepan from heat once the caramel has thickened and takes on a lighter, fluffier texture, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour caramel over popcorn and (working quickly) use a spatula to toss popcorn to coat fully.
- Place caramel popcorn in the oven and bake for 3 or 4 fifteen minutes intervals, for a total of 45-60 minutes.
- At each 15 minute interval, remove the baking sheet from the oven, toss popcorn to coat completely and break up any clumps. At the 45 minute mark gauge if the popcorn is sticky and well coated.
- Transfer the baked caramel popcorn to the second baking sheet to cool. Use a spatula to break up any lumps.
- If you want a salted caramel popcorn, be sure to sprinkle on a bit of course salt now.
- Store in an airtight container once cool.
- Celebrate Earth Day With A Tree Of Life Pie! - April 22, 2021
- This Ursula Frappuccino Is Perfect For Your Poor Unfortunate Soul - April 21, 2021
- Learn How To Make Pongu Lumpia From Pandora At Animal Kingdom! - April 20, 2021