Have you ever been to Disney California Adventure and tried the Carthay Circle Fried Biscuits? They are delicious!
These biscuits are spicy and cheese and a treat that you won’t be able to get enough of! So if you are planing on going to DCA anytime soon, we highly recommend to make a reservations at Carthay Circle and enjoy this popular appetizer.
Not going to Disney? No worries! We have a recipe so you can make these gooey biscuits at home and surprise your family with a cheese treat that they will love. Take a look:
CARTHAY CIRCLE FRIED BISCUITS
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-5 tbsp of finely diced jalapeno from a jar…not fresh
- 5-6 sliced cooked bacon finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1-2 tsp of milk or as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tube of large biscuits, the refrigerated dough in a “pop” tube with 8 biscuits
- Oil for frying
- Combine cheese, jalapenos, bacon, egg, milk, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon until well combined. It should keep its shape when you squeeze it together firmly in your hand.
- Using a small cookie dough scooper, scoop small balls (about the size of a typical bouncey ball) and roll in your hands until it stays together and forms a smooth, tight ball.
- Place the balls on a plate or tray covered with parchment paper and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 6 ours or overnight (you should have about 32 balls).
- Remove tray from freezer and pop open the biscuit dough.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 sections. Flatten each section and wrap around each cheese ball, rolling in your hands to make sure there are no holes or seams. You want it to be smooth and round.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees and fry each ball until dark golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Credit: Fav Family Recipes
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins From Disneyland You Can Make At Home! - August 31, 2021