Everyone loves a good recipe. Whether it is one inspired by a Disney movie such as these “The Little Mermaid” inspired recipes or a recipe from a restaurant such as Morimoto Asia Hoisin Chili Sticky Spare Ribs, you really can’t go wrong!
EPCOT’s World Showcase has some of the very best restaurants and therefore food on Walt Disney World property. Signature dining such as Le Cellier Steakhouse located in the Canadian pavilion is one such example. Here you will find an amazing cheddar soup. Check out the recipe below!
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
From Le Cellier Steakhouse at EPCOT
1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
4 cups milk
1 pound sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup pale ale, room temperature
Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish
1. Cook bacon in a 4- or 5-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add onion, celery and butter; sauté until the onion softens, about 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add flour and stir constantly for about 4 minutes.
4. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add milk and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes. Do not boil after adding milk.
6. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire, salt and pepper until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in ale. If soup is too thick, thin to desired consistency with warm milk.
7. Serve hot, garnished with scallions or chives.
Try this recipe the next time that you are craving some cheddar cheese soup but are not at Walt Disney World Resort. Let me know in the comments what you think!
Source: Oh My Disney
Are you ready to start planning your next adventure? I would love to help you! I am a travel planner with Key to the World Travel, the Official Travel Partner of Chip & Company. Key to the World Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Whether you want to plan a vacation to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, a cruise or a vacation at a Sandals or Beaches Resort, I can help you. Contact me today so we can get started on your vacation planning! You can call or text me at 908-773-0930 or email me at email@example.com. Feel free to follow me on Facebook or fill out the form below as well. My planning services are FREE with booking.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.