Before the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser launched on its maiden voyage, Disney CEO Bob Chapek made a visit to the Halcyon. Bob is pictured above with general manager Jerome Smith on the Bridge of the Halcyon starcruiser.
Related – Oscar Isaac Visits Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser: Galactic Starcruiser
The Galactic Starcruiser officially launched yesterday, March 1, 2022. Guests onboard will enjoy a first-of-its-kind two-night experience.
Star Wars infuses every moment onboard the Halcyon starcruiser, where each detail of the experience is meticulously crafted to create a compelling, complete, all-consuming story.
- The immersive experience features thrilling onboard activities, such as:
- Learning the ancient ways of the lightsaber and facing off against a training remote, where guests may discover their own connection with the Force just as Luke Skywalker once did.
- Visiting the starcruiser’s Bridge to learn about its systems and how to operate them, including weapons and shields – skills that may come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
- Playing holo-sabacc in the ship’s Sublight Lounge, where guests can try their luck against other passengers in this game of skill, strategy and chance.
- Passenger cabins feature a viewport out to space that continuously changes throughout the journey. Other special touches include sleeping berths reminiscent of those seen on other famous Star Wars ships such as the Millennium Falcon.
- The Halcyon starcruiser design draws inspiration directly from the Star Wars universe, including Dryden Vos’ First Light yacht and Leia Organa’s Tantive IV starship … with a bit of Imperial-era aesthetic mixed in.
- Guests can explore the starcruiser and perhaps discover hidden spaces perfect for uncovering secrets or holding clandestine meetings.
Related – How Disney helps guests cope with being indoors at Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser
Last month on an investor call, Chapek shared he was pleased with the demand for the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser saying, “I am personally looking forward to Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World – a two-night adventure into an immersive story. We are pleased with demand for this premium groundbreaking experience which will welcome guests starting March 1st.”
What do you think about the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser?
If you want to check out this experience for yourself, contact me today to plan your next vacation! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, a Disney Earmarked agency, and my services are complimentary.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!