Anna and Elsa From ‘Frozen II‘ Featured on D23 Winter 2019 Magazine Cover. After the phenomenal success of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen in 2013, the filmmakers knew they had more stories to tell. Why does Elsa have powers? And why doesn’t Anna? These questions—and many more—will be answered when Frozen II opens on November 22.
In the new issue of Disney twenty-three, available exclusively to Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, writer/director Jennifer Lee and stars Kristen Bell (voice of Anna) and Josh Gad (voice of Olaf) share a peek at the incredible journey all of the characters must take to save the kingdom of Arendelle in the new movie. The issue also features a gorgeous wrap-around cover created exclusively for D23.
The Winter 2019 D23 will also feature Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the 42-years-in-the-making thrilling climax to the Skywalker saga. Star John Boyega (Finn) and director J.J. Abrams talk about reaching this cinematic apex to the nine-film saga. Plus, Boyega shares some amusing on-set stories, including what his final on-set meal was with fellow cast members Daisy Ridley (Rey) and Naomi Ackie (spoiler alert: “burgers and donuts”).
D23 will also discuss why Toy Story 4’s breakout spork, Forky, gets his own collection of 10 shorts on Disney+ when Forky Asks a Question debuts this month on Disney+. The creative team discusses bringing the hysterically frustrating character to the streaming service and reveals some of the big-name comedy stars lending their voices to the show including Carol Burnett, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, and Betty White (who play the hilariously named Chairol Burnett, Melephant Brooks, Carl Reinosceros, and Bitey White, respectively).
Also included in the Winter issue of Disney twenty-three:
- The author of One Day at Disney reveals the stories behind some of his favorite interviews in the dazzling new book
- Lea Michele takes a Hawaiian holiday for the new ABC movie Same Time, Next Christmas
- A look at the new Disney+ series The Imagineering Story from award-winning documentarian Leslie Iwerks
- Stars Billy Campbell and Kathy Najimy preview the new animated series The Rocketeer
- The stars and creative team behind Togo—about a man, a dog, and an unbelievable adventure—talk about the real-life inspiration for the new Disney+ film
- Kristen Bell enjoys an Encore!, her delightful unscripted series that reunites the casts of high school musicals for one more unforgettable performance
- Stunning concept art from beloved films celebrating milestone anniversaries, including Cinderella, Fantasia, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- The cast of the new Frozen on Broadway national tour takes a bow
- A peek at all of the incredible Star Wars content and experiences on the way
- Every exciting announcement from D23 Expo 2019
- From the Desk Of: Disney store’s Jonathan Storey
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
Are you excited to see Frozen II in theaters? What other Disney films have you enjoyed in 2019? What movies are you excited to see in the new year? Do you have a D23 membership and enjoy the perks? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Compant for all things Disney!
Featured Photo Credit: Disney/D23For more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- New Hulu Update Will Closely Resemble Disney+ and ESPN+ Format - May 24, 2020
- ‘Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings’ May Resume Filming Very Soon - May 24, 2020
- Disney Mom Creates ‘Up’ Themed Playhouse for her Kids - May 24, 2020