Reigning Olympic gold medal winner Nastia Liukin of the United States works with young gymnasts Friday during the ESPN RISE Girls Showcase at Walt Disney World and gives her most definitive remarks to date on defending her all-around title at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Liukin, 21, gave instruction and encouragement to four Orlando-area gymnasts – including Clermont’s Olessia Dunaeva – at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Disney.
Liukin, who trains in Plano, TX, also interacts with the USA Basketball Women’s under-19 team, including fellow Dallas-area hoops star Alexis Jones (Irving, TX), at the sports complex at Disney and gives her thoughts on the Dallas Mavericks-Miami Heat NBA Finals matchup.
The USA Basketball Women’s under-19 team is competing at the sports complex as part of the ESPN RISE Girls Showcase, which brings together one of the biggest collections of elite female youth athletes in the country. The three-week sports festival involves nearly 15,000 elite and recreational female athletes competing in basketball, gymnastics (artistic and rhythmic), softball, taekwondo and volleyball.
- Walt Disney World Offers Discounted Room Rates in Late Summer (couponingtodisney.com)
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Ink Innovative Partnership – Full Sail University (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Trailer for the 2nd season of The World according to Jeff Goldblum is out now! - October 22, 2021
- Main Street USA Train Station Platform refurbishment now complete - October 22, 2021
- Construction to begin on Cinderella’s Royal Table - October 22, 2021