These Mickey Snowman Cupcakes bring “snow” much fun!
They are adorable and a great way to bring some of that disney magic to your home. It can also be a fun activity to do with the kids in the family, we are sure they will love building these Mickey snowman cupcakes for sure!
Check out this recipe from Disney Family and have fun this holiday season:
MICKEY SNOWMAN CUPCAKES
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of whole milk
- Standard size muffin tin
- 12 cupcake liners
Vanilla Buttercream Icing
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of white candy melts
- 1/4 cup of dark cocoa candy melts
- Vegetable oil, to smooth melts
- 8oz of white sparkling sugar
- 3 red dried fruit strips
- Kitchen scissors
- Wax paper
- To make Mickey snowman cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat on medium for 2-3 minutes until the butter becomes lighter in color and fluffy.
- Lower the speed, and add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk, a little at a time, until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, you can prepare your snowman decorations. Melt the white candy melts, in a microwave safe bowl, in 30 second intervals at 50% power (stirring between each set) until the melts are smooth and completely melted. You can add vegetable oil, 1 tsp at a time, if they are lumpy.
- Use a toothpick to draw the ears with melts onto wax paper. After making each set of ears, sprinkle them with white sparkling sugar to get the sugar to stick.
- Melt the cocoa melts the same way as the white, and use a toothpick to draw 2 small ovals for the eyes, a medium oval for the nose, and 2 large ovals for the buttons for each snowman. Allow all of the melts to set while making the frosting.
- To make the frosting: Place the butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 3 minutes on low speed. Add the vanilla, salt, and milk and mix on medium for 1-2 minutes more, or until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Use a butter knife or offset spatula to frost each cooled cupcake.
- Transfer the sparkling sugar to a shallow bowl, and carefully dip the frosted part of each cupcake into the sugar making sure to cover the edges as well. Press down on half the cupcakes (those that will become the bodies) to flatten the tops.
- Add an ear to each side of the face cupcakes, and then the nose and eyes. Then add 2 buttons to each body cupcake. You can use extra frosting to get the pieces to stick if needed.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut out a strip of the red fruit candy, and stretch it gently to lengthen (be careful not to over stretch or it will rip).
- Place the candy between the head and body cupcakes, cut the ends to give a frayed look, and wrap one end at at time over the body cupcake with the 2 ends overlapping.
Enjoy your Mickey snowman cupcakes!
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Mickey Snowman Cupcakes To Bake This Christmas! - November 22, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Hot Cocoa To Add Some Magic To Your Day! - November 22, 2021
- Adorable Mickey Garland DIY To Decorate Your Home This Holiday Season! - November 22, 2021