According to WDW Magic Disney is laying off 560 Baggage Airline Guest Services Cast Members, which provides remote airline check-in, luggage, and valet services for Walt Disney World resort hotels.
If you are staying at a Disney World Resort you will need to carry your own luggage to and from the airport for Disney’s Magical Express.
These layoffs fall under the 28,000 layoffs that Josh D’Amaro announced a couple of weeks ago.
Both Disney World & Disneyland have been laying off cast members due to COVID-19.
Here are some additional layoffs we have shared here on Chip and Co:
- 25% of Disney’s layoffs are coming from Disney World
- Disneyland layoffs include Imagineers and Restaurant & Hotel Workers
- Disney World’s Minnie Van Service Cast Members Laid off, future of service uncertain
- All of the NBA experience cast members have been laid off
- The Grand Floridian Orchestra Band being let go after 32 years of playing together
- Disney World’s Polynesian Resort Entertainers will not be returning to work
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Magic Kingdom’s Tron Coaster likely delayed till 2022 - October 19, 2020
- Rumor: Epcot’s Play Pavilion is expected to open on July 5th, 2021! - October 19, 2020
- Anna & Elsa Greeting Guests at a safe distance in Epcot - October 17, 2020