The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival returns March 4 through May 17, 2015. But it looks as those Spring will not be completely sprung at this festival. A “Frozen” element will be in attendance. Yes, among the topiaries will be a scene from Frozen with an icy feel along with a return to summer with lots of colorful blooms.
Lest you worry that the entire festival has gone the way of Arendelle, there are still plenty of springtime favorites returning along with some new scenes, characters, events, and displays.
- In Tinkerbell‘s Garden House, you can see butterflies break free of their chrysalises, as well as learn about the migratory journey of the Monarch butterfly.
- Each weekend, Disney gardeners will seminars at the Festival Center, where you can also pick up Festival themed merchandise.
- A Shakespeare garden, dinosaur plant garden, pepper garden, and health garden will be among the 10 new mini gardens each designed to tell a story while teaching guests.
- A new Southwest desert garden will show what lives and grows in that area of the country.
- A new after-dark experience will have topiary and play gardens glowing.
- Along with Elsa and Anna, other new topiaries include Goofy and friends Chip and Dale getting “Goofy About Spring.”
- Four decades of pop music will be represented by Pablo Cruise, the Village People, and Gin Blossoms, among others, at a concert series offered each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Around the World Showcase promenade, you’ll find fresh new garden and spring inspired menu items at the Outdoor Kitchens. Don’t forget to get your Garden Passports stamped!
Favorite topiary characters Snow White, Peter Pan, Bambi, Simba, and of course, Mickey Mouse, will be back, as will the floating mini gardens on the Future World east and west lakes.
Special events throughout the festival include: Art in the Garden weekend (March 27-29), Florida Fresh weekend (April 24-26), and the Florida Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc. weekend (May 8-10).
Are you a Flower and Garden Festival enthusiast? What are your favorite, can’t miss elements? How do you feel about Frozen getting in on Spring?
I’m Jeri and I’m a Disney Addict! I’m also an Independent Travel Agent with World of Magic Travel Services, the preferred travel agency of ChipandCo. If you’re looking forward to Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival, I’d love to help you plan that vacation! You can reach me for a free quote at email@example.com.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.