In 2013 Disney has some new changes to the Disney Dining Plan. There are a few changes the biggest one is an increase in the price. When you are comparing restaurants it is still early and many restaurants will be missing from the list. I find that if your favorite restaurant isn’t on the list right now it will show up as soon as they get the contract signed.
Chip’s Tips: While you are at the parks it never hurts to ask. We found last year San Angel Inn wasn’t on the DDP but when we walked up and asked they said they would take it no problem. So it never hurts to go up and ask them.
Here are the changes from last year to this year:
THE PLAN-2012 VS. 2013
The Plan details for each Dining Plan (Quick Service, Basic and Deluxe) remain the same. There is an across the board price increase:
- Quick Service- $34.99 adult/$11.99 child in 2012, now $37.58 adult/$14.32 child in 2013
- Basic-$51.54 adult/$15.02 child in 2012, now $55.59 adult/$17.16 child in 2013
- Deluxe-$$85.52 adult/$23.79 child in 2012, now $99.97 adult/$26.84 child in 2013
Several notes are added to the dining plan rules for 2013. They are as follows:
- Dining Plan-Automatic Gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for items ordered not included in Disney Dining Plan (For Example: Alcoholic Beverages)
- Choosing items from a separate price fixe menu offered at certain locations requires payment of a surcharge in addition to redeeming the number of Table Service entitlements required.
- Not included are Special Dining Events with special menus offered at certain Table Service Locations.
Disney is also continuing their policy of requiring a credit card hold for certain popular dining spots. Implemented in late 2011, the policy required cancellation within 24 hours or be accessed a $10 per person fee. In 2013, cancellation can now be done by 10pm the night before your reservation.
Check out our Dining Plan Page for full details and don’t forget to make your Advanced Dining Reservations. Disneyworld.com/dining or 1-407-WDW-DINE.
- 2013 Disney Dining Plan Changes (disneydining.com)
- Changes Coming to Walt Disney World in 2013 (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!