Disney Springs, former known as Downtown Disney, is a great place to visit for a relaxing day of shopping and dining, or even just a relaxing evening after day at the parks. Now that it is Disney Springs and has so many new locations to check out there is even more to love! Let’s talk about the 10 reasons that we love Disney Springs.
These are in no particular order…
- No Ticket Needed – Anyone is free to visit Disney Springs! There are no tickets needed, no admission fee, and you can visit just to get your Disney fix even if it’s the only place on Disney property that you visit.
- It’s Always Christmas – If you travel to Disney Springs by Disney World Transportation the first stop is at the Marketplace and here you will be greeted by a photo opportunity with a snow covered Christmas tree and caroling Disney characters. This is right by the entrance to the Disney Days of Christmas store – here you can browse and purchase all of your holiday needs, even in the middle of summer. Who doesn’t love the winter holidays!
- Something for Everyone – I know, we say this about the parks all of the time, but it is true of the parks and it is true of Disney Springs. There really is something for everyone. Whether you like motorcycles, dinosaurs, clothes, pins, toys, or just want to get some food you will find something that you like. You can also see a movie or bowl a few frames at Splitsville. There are currently 171 “activities” that include shopping, dining, and entertainment at Disney Springs so you’re bound to like more than one thing, too!
- Pin Traders – This is my absolute favorite place to shop at Disney Springs. I have a pin problem. If you’re like my family and love to collect pins then you should head over to the Pin Traders shop located in the Marketplace. You can find just about any pin you could want here. Be careful, though, because there is such a HUGE selection you may walk away with more pins than you anticipated.
- World Class Shopping – There are some amazing places to shop at Disney Springs. The stores range from toy and Disney merchandises locations like Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney to Harley Davidson and Sunglass Hut to Arribas Brothers and The Art of Disney and everything in between. You can design your own t-shirts, pick up some candy, shop for Christmas, stock your pantry with spices, and sample soaps and lotions.
- Characters in Flight – For a small fee you can board a balloon and take flight high above Disney Springs. Amazing views are in store for you!
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – Most Disney World visitors know about the Bibbidi Bobbidi location in Magic Kingdom at Cinderella Castle. However, there is a second location located inside of the World of Disney store! Here Princesses can have the same experience as at Magic Kingdom and reservations are easier to come by at this location.
- Cirque du Soleil – At Disney Springs you can experience a special Cirque du Soleil show that can only be seen at Disney Springs! Enjoy acrobats, singers, clowns and so much more.
- Entertainment – There is tons of live entertainments spread throughout Disney Springs. From youth choirs and orchestras to live Irish dancers to bands inside and outside of the restaurants Disney Springs has it all!
- Dining – There are so many amazing dining locations at Disney Springs that it’s hard to decide on just where you want to eat. Snacks, quick service, and casual as well as upscale table service dining locations are all available. There is something to satisfy every palate. I personally recommend Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop for a snack, Earl of Sandwich for quick service, and Raglan Road for table service. There are also many new dining locations that have helped the area transform from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs. These include Vivoli il Gelato, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, Morimoto Asia, and the Boathouse. More locations are on their way as well!
Did we miss something? Why do you love Disney Springs? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, and I included a trip to Disney Springs on each of my trips to Disney World! Contact me at email@example.com for all of your Disney travel needs and follow me on Facebook!
Photo Credit: Disney