Want to take the kids to the Disney World, but money a little tight? With this economy who’s budget isn’t tight…With a little planning it can be done: here are ten ways to save on your next Disney World Vacation.
- Stay at a Disney Value Resort Hotels – While on property you still get all the extra’s as someone staying at the larger resorts. Such as Disney Transportation, extra magic hours, Disney Dining Plan, and much more. The rooms might be a little smaller but your just there to sleep right?
- Stay at a resort or vacation home off Disney property. If you have to there are plenty of decent hotel rooms available all around Lake Buena Vista. If you have a larger family (more than four people), the savings are even greater. You can get a vacation home with a private pool for a week but remember you will need your own transportation.
- Watch for Disney Promotions. Who doesn’t love free food? Lately Disney is almost always running some sort of discount on their website. (Keep in mind Chip and Company constantly keep you up to date on current Disney promotions so check back with us often) Also Disney is known to send out special promotions via postcard and email. How do you get them to send you one? Its a mystery, but signing up to receive one of their vacation planning videos and registering at www.disneyworld.com will help. Read my previous article on the elusive Pin Codes here.
- Purchase a dining package. Disney offers dining packages to guests staying at their resorts. These packages have to be booked in advance and you can save 30% or more on your dining if you buy one of these plans. Essentially the dining plan is a meal plan that you pay for in advance. Sorta like a lay-away. Check out this article talking about to Meal Plan or Not To Meal Plan.
- Travel during the “off” season. Disney resort and dining prices fluctuate depending on what time of year it is; the same trip over Christmas week will cost you a whole lot less the first week of December. There is much debate when the off season is. One guideline to follow is when school is out it will be busy. If you check on a Disney Cruise you will see the same trip almost double for Spring Break or in the Summer.
- Use Magical Express. If you are staying at a Disney resort you have access to Disney Magical Express, a free transport from the airport and back. This will save you on renting a car, taxi or hiring a limo to transport you. Click here to learn more!
- Eat meals outside the Theme parks. Plan to eat at least one meal a day in your room, breakfast being the most obvious choice. Most Disney rooms come with an in-room fridge or access to get one (make sure of this in advance if you aren’t staying in a Disney resort) You can stock it with milk, yogurt, fruit, water or drinks. Add a loaf of bread, some peanut butter, cereal and breakfast pastries and you will save a good bit of money. Use those snack credits! Or do what we do Use Garden Grocer and have them deliver groceries to your room!
- Flash your Military ID. If you are an active or retired member of the military, there are lots of discounts available to you. To start with, there is Shades of Green resort, a resort on Disney property only for the military; it is a really nice resort, and the prices are even nicer. You are also eligible to get discounts on other Disney resorts and on tickets.
- Join AAA. There are several ways to save at Disney if you are a member of AAA. You can save on your room and on your admission tickets. The only downside to this is that you have to purchase a AAA Membership first.
- Save on airfare. All of the carriers that fly in and out of Orlando airport offer decent rates if you do a little research and plan far enough ahead you can save some good money. Check the airports actual website opposed to the travel Discount sites. For example in Greensboro Allegiant Air is not listed in Expedia but offers flights for $29, 39, and 49 if you fly on certain days of the week.
I hope this list will help you save some much need money on your next Disney Vacation. If you have some tips you would like to share let us know in the comment section below.
- Long Lost Disney Friends Return for Limited Time Magic at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
- Easy Ways to Save Money for your next Disney Vacation (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!