These Queen of Hearts Tarts will make you lose your head over them!
If you are an Alice in Wonderland fan, these tarts are a great idea to make this Valentine’s Day. They are inspired in the Queen of Hearts herself and feature strawberry and chocolate, so good.
You can make them by following this recipe D23 shared and have a fun day baking this lovely treat for you and your special someone:
QUEEN OF HEARTS TARTS
For Queen of Hearts Tarts
- 1 package of pre-rolled frozen pie crust (in sheets)
- Strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp of cold water
- 1/2 tsp of gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 6 tsp of milk
- 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- Red food coloring
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Baking sheet
- Rolling pin
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Circular cookie cutter
Step 1: Prepare the Tart Shells
- Let frozen pie crust sheets thaw as instructed on the package. Once thawed, preheat oven as instructed on the package. Spray the muffin tin with non-stick spray, or grease with butter.
- Roll out the crust dough to about half its current thickness. Using a circular cookie cutter or a glass, cut out circles of dough and gently press each circle into the muffin tin. If the sides of the dough extend over the edge of the tin, trim them carefully with a knife. With the leftover dough, cut out 12 heart-shaped pieces using a cookie cutter.
- Prick the base of each tart shell with a fork and place the hearts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake both for around 10-12 minutes or until golden. Keep an eye on the oven, as the hearts may bake quicker and may need to be removed sooner than the shells. Allow to cool.
Step 2: Prepare the Mock Cream Filling
- In the meantime, add the gelatin powder to the cold water and allow to bloom for 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, mix the sugar and milk over low heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Once the gelatin is ready, add to the saucepan and stir until fully dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- With a stand mixer or handheld beater, beat the butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the cooled milk mixture, mixing constantly, until fully combined.
Step 3: Prepare the Icing
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk with a fork or spoon until smooth. Pour half the mixture into a second bowl.
- In one bowl, add 5-10 drops of red food coloring and mix. Continue to add food coloring and mix until your desired shade is reached.
- In the second bowl, add the cocoa powder and mix. If the mixture becomes too thick, add an additional ¼ teaspoon of milk.
- Spoon each of the icings into its own piping bag or plastic sandwich baggie. Cut the tip off the bag very close to the corner, creating a small nozzle for the icing.
Step 4: Assemble the Queen of Hearts Tarts
- Add a spoonful of strawberry jam to each tart shell and smooth over the bottom.
- Add mock cream by the spoonful until the shell is full. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Carefully pipe the chocolate icing onto half of each tart, and pipe red icing on the other half.
- Place one of the pie crust hearts onto each tart, aligned in the middle.
- Allow the icing to set for about 15 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your Queen of Hearts tarts this Valentine’s Day!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!