Earlier this month we announced the dates for the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts. The Festival is scheduled to take place between January 18th through February 25th, that’s 39 days to celebrate and appreciate culinary, visual, and performing arts from all over the globe. You may already know about the dates, but here are some of the exciting events and opportunities coming to the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts.
Guests will be able to sing along to their favorite Disney Broadway tunes that will be showcased during the Disney on Broadway Concert Series. Show times are at 5:30, 6:45, and 8 p.m. daily. Each week will bring different sets of Disney on Broadway stars to the American Gardens Theater stage in the World Showcase at Epcot. The stars will perform various award-winning songs from popular Disney on Broadway productions such as “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Lion King,” and “Frozen.” The lineup will change week to week so guests who return on multiple occasions will have a chance to see a completely different performance from their last visit. The Disney on Broadway stars who will be showcased are:
- Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”) and Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”)
- Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”) and Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”)
- Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
Admission to the concert series is included with park admission, but if you are looking for reserved seating you can book a Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package starting November 8th. The dining package will give you access to priority seating for the show after enjoying a meal at one of the participating Epcot dining locations.
If you are excited about different culinary opportunities, you are going to love the other offerings the Festival will have taking place. Epcot International Festival of the Arts is scheduled to have 13 Food Studios featured as well as expanded menu options at different culinary locations throughout the Epcot. Try an assortment of new tastes coming to locations such as The Artist’s Table, The Painter’s Palate, Cuisine Classique, and Pop Eats!
Guests who wish to enjoy some visual and performing arts at the festival will have different activities that they can attend as well. Some of the highlighted activies are:
- All guests are invited to help paint a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza
- Artful Photo Opportunities gives guests a chance to step into different masterpieces and take fun photos with friends and family
- Guests can learn how to paint with a professional instructor at The Paint with a Disney Artist program. (This event is only offered on select Fridays and Sundays during the festival, and can include a continental breakfast for an additional fee).
- Performing Artists will make appearances throughout the festival and will showcase acrobatics, gravity defying feats of strength, and many different skills to entertain guests of all ages.
- International music group, Bodh’aktan, a returning performance coming back to the Canada Stage, as well as newcomer Delta Q set to perform in Germany.
- Hunt for Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt, maps can be purchased at select merchandise locations around Epcot.
- Workshops featuring professional instructors will be available to showcase a wide variety of artistic techniques such as ink and paint, floral design, mixed-media art, and more. Guests will be able to bring their creations home with them as a fun and unique reminder of what they learned and accomplished. Registration is not yet available, guests who wish to participate will be able to do so Friday through Monday for an additional fee.
- Disney will be hosting complimentary 30-minute seminars of helpful instructions for guests to produce their own art even after returning home.
Guests who plan to visit the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts will have more to do and see than every before. Come see the talented artists, performers, culinary wonders the festival has to provide, in this showcase and celebration of art from around the world.
- Get an Insider Look at the Making of ‘Hamilton’ with New Disney+ Special - July 10, 2020
- ‘The Mighty Ducks’ Star, Brock Pierce, Launches 2020 Presidential Campaign - July 10, 2020
- ‘The Wonder Years’ Is Getting a Reboot on ABC - July 9, 2020