Acronyms and terminology are key to Disney vacation. We all know that ADR means Advanced Dining Reservation and EMH means Extra Magic Hours. A term you may not have heard of is “take over”. This term is used mainly between Disney and travel agencies; so you may be less familiar with it.
It seems like a scary word, but when you break it down and understand it, it’s really quite rewarding!
1. Definition of a take over-A simple form that requires your name, reservation information and signature to authorize an agency to “take over” your reservation.
2. When to do a take over-This is great for when you’ve already made your reservation exactly how you want it, then decide to use a travel agent. Doing a takeover saves you from having to cancel and wait for your refund. Take overs also come in handy if you come across an agency incentive you want to take advantage of, but your vacation is already booked.
3. Why do a take over? If you aren’t the type of person who keeps up with Disney news, new promotions, discount codes or other ways to save money on your trip, a take over is for you. Any self-respecting agent specializing in Disney travel will monitor your reservation to make sure you’re getting the best rate. As your agent they can apply new promotions or discounts that would save you money. You can go relax because now it’s your agent’s job to sit on pins and needles and wait for the next big thing.
4. How much does it cost?-This is the best part…NOTHING! Agents are paid through Disney and don’t need a cent from you. Once you sign on an agent you receive your own personal vacation planning assistant. Your agent should be able to help you as much, or as little as you like.
5. Who should I let take over my reservation? Pixie Vacations of course! Pixie Vacations offers concierge level service upon booking and no fees. You receive: Pixie Perks (free goodies), itinerary planning, reservation monitoring and much, much much more.
*Exclusively for Chip and Co readers…Pixie Michele is giving away a free landyard to each member in your travel party when you do a “take over”! Email Michele@ChipandCo.com and mention ChipandCo!
- Hakuna Matata! Disney World Free Dining Offer is a wonderful phrase! (chipandco.com)
- Disney Free Dining 2011 and 2012 (pixievacations.com)