Did you know today we are celebrating World Oceans Day? So in honor of this celebration we have a recipe inspired by Ariel! Shrimp and Pineapple Thingamabobs!
Dole created some Disney inspired recipes to share with all of you, they are both healthy and delicious. This one is a great way for kids to eat healthy and even have fun by helping making them!
So follow this easy recipe and then enjoy the tasty food while watching The Little Mermaid:
SHRIMP AND PINEAPPLE THINGAMABOBS
- 1 pound raw 21-25 count tail-off peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 Dole pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 inch thick crosswise
- 8 large Dole romaine leaves, trimmed
- 1 Dole avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Pulse shrimp, egg, breadcrumbs, paprika, salt and black pepper in a food processor until almost smooth with some coarse pieces remaining, scraping down bowl occasionally; transfer to a large bowl and fold in garlic, shallot and bell pepper. Form shrimp mixture into 4 (3/4 inch thick) patties; spray both sides with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145F, turning once.
- Spray both sides of pineapple with nonstick cooking spray; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 4 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once.
- Lay 2 romaine leaves, side by side, on work surface with long ends facing you; place 1/4 avocado, 1/4 pineapple and 1 burger in center of leaves. Fold sides of leaves over filling; place, seam side down, on serving plate.
- Repeat with remaining leaves, avocado, pineapple and burgers to make 3 more burgers.
- Change Your Fate With These Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes! - June 15, 2021
- Wakey Wakey Vegan Hash Recipe To Start Your Day! - June 14, 2021
- Glass Slipper Veggie Tea Sandwiches Fit For Royalty! - June 13, 2021