No one wants to miss the chance to go on their favorite ride, but we all understand that in order to keep things running smoothly sometimes maintenance is needed and time for updates is necessary to keep us enjoying our favorite rides. Here is a list of current and upcoming refurbishments at Walt Disney World Resorts:
- Splash Mountain: Jan. 10 – 14, 2016
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: Jan. 18 – Feb. 11, 2016
- Liberty Square Riverboat: Jan. 18 – 22, 2016
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: Jan. 25 – Feb. 3, 2016
- Mad Tea Party: Feb. 22 – Feb. 26, 2016
- Pizza Planet: Jan. 11 – late 2016
- Maharajah Jungle Trek: Jan. 4 – 21, 2016
- Kali River Rapids: Jan 4. 4 – Feb. 11, 2016
- Flights of Wonder: Jan. 25 – Mar. 17, 2016
Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Closed for annual refurbishment: Jan. 4 – Mar. 12, 2016
Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Closed for annual refurbishment: Oct. 4, 2015 – Jan. 3, 2016
Walt Disney World Resorts
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Bay Cove Pool: Feb. 1 – Mar. 18, 2016
All Star Sports
- Surfboard Bay Pool: Jan. 25 – 28, 2016
Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Jambo House Soft Goods Rehab: Jan. 1 – May 20, 2016
Art of Animation
- Schoolyard Sprayground: Jan. 3 – Mar. 11, 2016
Beach Club Villas
- Soft Goods Rehab: Jan. 22 – Aug. 17, 2016
- Exterior repair and painting: Aug. 17, 2015 – May 5, 2016
- Flying Fish Restaurant: Feb. 1 – Sept. 30, 2016
- Guest Villa Renovations: Through Spring 2016
- Old Porte Royale (Path of Travel impacts): Jan. 3 – Feb. 28, 2016
- Guests staying in Martinique and Trinidad North may hear some construction noise
- Jamaica Pool: Jan. 6 – 8, 2016
- Martinique Quite Pool: Jan. 11 – 13, 2016
- Fuentes del Morro Pool: Jan. 13 – 16, 2016
- Trinidad North Quiet Pool: Jan. 27 – 29, 2016
- Courtyard Pool: Jan. 16 – 19, 2016
Hilton Head Island Resort
- Pool Slide: Feb. 1 – 17, 2016
Old Key West
- Sandcastle Pool: Jan. 4 – 6, 2016
- General Construction may be visible around the resort and certain pathways and buildings may be unavailable at times through Spring 2016
- East Pool enhancement: Through Spring 2016
Port Orleans – Riverside
- Ol’ Man Island Pool: Jan. 11 – Feb 29, 2016
- Grandstand Pool: Jan. 20 – 22, 2016
Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- Due to multiple resort refurbishment projects, Guests will notice construction work in various areas. Noise may be overheard while this work is being completed, but construction will not begin until after 9 a.m. Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground, Marina and Recreation fire pit will be unavailable. Refurbishment expected through 2017.
- Club Den (Children’s Activity Center): Jan. 3, 2016 – 2017
- Stormalong Bay Slide: Jan. 11 – 15, 2016
Buena Vista Palace
- General Resort Refurbishment: Through Feb. 2016Due to multiple resort refurbishment projects, Guests will notice construction work in various areas.Front Desk renovation; a temporary Front Desk will be functional. Video arcade will close to make room for a new Grab and Go outlet.
- The pool will be unavailable. The spa pool, located in the main tower will remain open for all guests. Additionally, neighboring hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. will allow Buena Vista Palace guests to use their pools during this time. Watercress Café will be closed during this time, however, the one80 Sports Bar and Restaurant will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Expected through June 2016.
Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Guest Room Renovations: Renovation work is scheduled to take place between 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. No guests will be accommodated in the renovation area as to minimize impact on the guest experience. June 2016 – September 2016.
- Roadwork on Buena Vista Drive: Through Mar. 2016
Due to heavy roadwork, expect delays on Buena Vista Drive. It is recommended that Guests use complimentary Walt Disney World Resort transportation from Parks and Resorts to Disney Springs and plan to arrive early for reserved dining and entertainment experiences.
- Planet Hollywood: Jan. 6 – Summer 2016
- The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form of transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available. Through January 2016.
As always schedules and closures are subject to change. Follow along with Chip & Company and we will keep you updated on all the latest updates happening at Walt Disney World.
Some great additions are on the way to Walt Disney World this year. If you are interested in planning a trip in 2016 contact me at email@example.com or find me on facebook, to take advantage of my FREE travel planning services.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.