At the Walt Disney World Resort, ‘environmentality’ is a huge part of what they stand for. This ‘environmentality’ comes through in their commitment to do what is right for the environment and to act with the environment in mind. And Walt Disney World celebrated Earth Month in a big way!
Some of the major highlights of Earth Month 2018 at the Walt Disney World Resort include:
- The announcement of a new 270-acre, 50-megawatt solar facility expected to go online by the end of the year. This facility will generate enough renewable clean energy to power two of the four theme parks.
- Cast members lent a helping hand to nature by maintaining trails and planting trees through Disney VoluntEARS events at the Oakland Nature Preserve and Lake Louisa State Park in Central Florida.
- “Party for the Planet” activities at Disney’s Animal Kingdom were enjoyed by guests of all ages as they participate in fun photo experiences, get a glimpse behind the scenes at Rafiki’s Planet Watch, enjoy specially themed food and merchandise and much more.
- Getting the inside scoop on Disney’s animal care and conservation efforts while also enjoying a once-in-a-lifetime dining experience during special Tiffins Talks, which feature a delicious meal with an animal expert.
And while Earth Month ended a few days ago, Disney is committed to thinking and acting with the environment in mind all year long! And they want their guests to join in on their efforts by following these tips during your Walt Disney World Resort vacation:
- When you stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, take the bus! Disney buses run on a renewable diesel made from used cooking oil and non-consumable food waste. If you catch a ride in one of these magical coaches, you’re helping to reduce emissions by taking additional vehicles off the road.
- Don’t forget to recycle your plastic drink bottles, cans, paper and glass in one of the theme parks, Disney Springs or in your resort room. There are recycling containers throughout the parks and resorts.
- When you’re out and about grabbing souvenirs to take home, consider combining all of your favorite Disney purchases into one of their 100 percent recycled content bags or choose reusable bags.
- Reuse your towel to conserve water if you’re staying in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel; just make sure to hang it up when you’re done.
There are so many ways that the Walt Disney World Resort (and you!) can make a difference for the environment! We love Disney’s commitment to ‘environmentality!’
Photo credit: Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!