The Walt Disney Company announced 11 startup companies that have been picked for a new mentorship and investment program. Disney Accelerator, which is powered by Techstars, is a 15 week program that gives these companies access to the top Disney executives, up to $120,000 investment to further their companies, they also get access to some great resources from The Walt Disney Company.
The 11 companies participating will meet with some mentors including the CEO Robert A. Iger, and others from Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, ABC, ESPN and Walt Disney Imagineering, as well as other entertainment industry leaders. Participating companies will meet with their mentors on a regular basis and work together to build their business plans etc.
The 11 companies picked to participate in the program are:
- Buzzstarter – Buzzstarter is the world’s first scalable programmatic content marketing platform.
- ChoreMonster – ChoreMonster is a web and mobile platform that makes chores fun for kids and turns parents into superheroes.
- Codarica – Codarica serves as children’s first interaction into the world of code with help from characters Cody Coder and Holly Hacker.
- Cogo – Cogo provides video monetization solutions for content creators.
- Jogg – Jogg simplifies the act of acquiring video from anyone. Users can gather, edit and share much more than just video from their own device.
- Sphero – Sphero is the connected play company, which fuses digital and physical play by creating robots that you control with a smart device.
- Sidelines – Sidelines fixes the problem of substandard online discussions and comments by sourcing smart, high-quality discussions from its curated team of over 400 experts, and distributing these discussions to publishers based on relevance.
- SnowShoe – SnowShoe makes simple, magical pieces of plastic that interact with touch screens to create the perfect bridge between physical items and digital content.
- Twigtale – Twigtale provides parents with personalized, high-quality, accessible expert advice for every major transition a child undergoes.
- TYFFON – TYFFON is an entertainment app development company and creator of the ZombieBooth series with more than 25 million total downloads.
- Ubooly – Ubooly is a learning toy that talks and listens to kids. Ubooly can be customized to know your child’s name, teach lessons, and much more.
“With Disney Accelerator we are now bringing the creativity and imagination of Disney to early stage startups in a way we have never done before,” said Kevin A. Mayer, executive vice president, Corporate Strategy and Business Development, The Walt Disney Company. “We are thrilled by the response we’ve received and the high caliber of applicants to the program and we look forward to sharing our knowledge with this excellent group of creative entrepreneurs and really making a difference with these startup companies.”
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.