The smell of this Wakey Wakey Vegan Hash would wake up any princess from their sleeping spell!
This vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free dish features sweet potato, plantains, baby spinach and yellow onion scrambled with mushrooms and red bell pepper. Sounds super yummy!
Inspired by Sleeping Beauty and created by Dole, this recipe is super easy to make and a great option to start your day:
WAKEY WAKEY VEGAN HASH
- 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large Dole sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 green Dole plantain, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced Dole mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups loosely packed Dole baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of roasted salted pepitas
- Hot sauce and vegan sour cream for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add potato, cover and cook 6 minutes or until almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add plantain; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until almost tender, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, spinach, salt and black pepper; cook 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently. Makes about 4 cups.
- Serve hash sprinkled with pepitas, topped with hot sauce and sour cream, if desired.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Learn How To Make Pepperoni Pizza Spring Rolls From Adventureland! - July 29, 2021
- Refreshing Mint Julep From Disneyland To Make At Home! - July 28, 2021
- You Can Make The Delicious Remy’s Soup From Ratatouille At Home! - July 27, 2021