If you are like me, then part of your vacation is lounging by the resort pool. I’d like to take you on a journey with me as we explore some of the pools of the Walt Disney World Resort. Today I want to start at one of the value resorts; Pop Century.
Pop is a BIG resort with three themed pools. These pools all in unique shapes are called; The Bowling Pin Pool which is located in the 1950’s section, The Computer pool which is located in the 1990’s section, and The Hippy Dippy Pool (shaped like a flower) located in the 1960’s section of the resort.
The Hippy Dippy Pool is the feature pool of the resort and is also where you will find the Petals Pool Bar, temporary tattoos, ping-pong tables, the wading pool, water play area, water spraying flowers and hair wrap stations. This pool is also very close to classic hall making it a great choice for a mid day snack and soak! Please note however, no food or drink is allowed in the pool.
In the evening The Hippy Dippy pool is where you will find the outdoor movie playing. Each night features a different flick so grab a seat and get ready for some unique free entertainment.
I find that all three pools get busy by mid day, but the computer pool is often the “quietest”. Keep in mind there are no pool slides or hot tubs and you will need to bring towels from your room to the pool. Do not worry though, a quick call to the front desk and your towels will be replaced in your room.
Here are a few things to note about the pools at Pop.
- There is a handicapped accessible area at the Hippy Dippy Pool.
- Diaper aged children must wear some form of swim diaper. If you left your swim diapers at home, do not worry. You can buy them at Everything Pop.
- Pools are generally opened from 7am-midnight but I have seen people swimming outside of these hours.
- Life jackets are available for your free use at each pool. They are located in white bins. If you need assistance ask a cast member.
- Each pool is heated to 82 degrees making swimming an option during most days.
- There are bathrooms, lockers, showers, and laundry facilities at each pool.
Chip’s Tips – If you have a flight that is later in the day on your departure day, pack up and stow your belongings with bell services or check your bags with the resort airline check in. Keep out a small bag containing your bathing suit, change of clothes, a small one use shampoo, and a gallon zip lock bag. Then you can head to the pool for the morning! When you are done simply shower, change, and toss your wet suit in the plastic bag! You will be relaxed and refreshed for your ride home.
I hope you enjoyed this article, if you have any other tips or want to talk about the pools at the Pop leave a comment below.
Have a great swim!
Jess is a Disney vacation planner with Pixie Vacations. If you have any questions about the pools at Disney World or would like help planning your dream vacation feel free to contact her at Jess@PixieVacations.com. Thanks for reading and have a magical day!!
- Things you can only get at Walt Disney World… (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Refurbishment Schedule December 2012 (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.