To an adult, Epcot’s World Showcase Pavilions provide an unparalleled trek around the globe. Only at Walt Disney World can travelers walk from Mexico to Morocco! Nowhere else is there such a complete panorama of international culture and cuisine wrapped up in appealing authenticity.
But to a child under age 10, the World Showcase may be little more than pretty buildings and people who talk funny. To kids, Norway’s trolls terrify and standing for O Canada! tires tiny feet, the food tastes plain weird at Morocco and the plastic tiara at Mouse Gear is way cooler than Italy’s “do not touch” Venetian masks.
Of course, Disney has a solution to keep the youngest Guests interested: Epcot Kidcot Fun Stops. These kid-sized craft tables located at each Pavilion are designed specific to the nation represented. Each is staffed by international Cast Members who, through Epcot’s World Fellowship Program, work in the Park for a one-year commitment, bringing the world to Walt Disney World.
At Kidcot Fun Stops, children select a wood-handled craft mask or figure to decorate with markers and stickers (currently featuring Duffy Bear). A passport stamp is added at each stop, and some stations offer additional activities, such as coloring pages or origami folding. Cast Members are more than willing to share about their homelands and will usually write children’s names or a greeting in their native language on the craft handle when requested. Not only does this activity keep kids wanting to see what’s next, but it also provides a unique—and FREE!—souvenir to take home.
Kidcot Fun Stop locations:
- -near Animales Fantasticos
- – near The Puffin’s Roost
- -near exit to Reflections of China
- – near Volkunst
- – near La Bottega Italiana
- – near Heritage Manor Gifts
- – near Bijutsu-kan Gallery
- – near Marketplace in the Medina
- – near Souvenirs de France
- – near The Toy Soldier
- – near O Canada! exit
Take the magic home with you and help your child learn to write his or her name OR the title of a favorite Disney movie in the language of each of the 11 World Showcase Pavilions. Mexico: Spanish; Norway: Norwegian; China: Chinese; Germany: German; American Adventure: English; Japan: Japanese; Morocco: Arabic, Berber, French, Spanish; France: French; United Kingdom: English; Canada: English, French. Simply visit Google Translate to convert. Some alphabet characters can be pretty tricky! For instance, here’s Chip and Company in Japanese: チップアンドカンパニー.
Kidcot Fun Stops are open during regular World Showcase hours. Check the Park guide for times.
- A Few Things about Epcot You May Not Know (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Quick Tips – Guy Friendly Disney World Activities (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Jodi (see all)
- Boating around the Walt Disney World Resort - May 22, 2014
- 2 New National Wildlife Federation iPad Apps for Kids - April 22, 2013
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition Coming to Blu-ray October 1, 2013 - April 21, 2013