The newest attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, has received an outstanding response from guests! As more and more guests ride the attraction, Disney is testing out new ideas to make the overall experience even better. Right now, there is a virtual queue in the form of boarding groups for guests wanting to ride Rise of the Resistance.
Here’s what to know:
- The virtual queue will be available at the published park opening time. Guests may be welcomed onto Hollywood Boulevard prior to the opening the rest of the park, and limited nearby locations will be open for your convenience. This includes Trolley Car Café where you can pick up a beverage for your own personal “jump to lightspeed,” and if you need to grab a few galactic gifts, Keystone Clothiers will be available.
- At the park’s published opening time, the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens along with offerings throughout the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests must be in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app.
Due to the incredible popularity of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, backup boarding groups will continue being distributed after the initially planned groups have been filled. Backup boarding groups will only be called if all of the initially planned boarding groups have been called back and there is capacity for more riders that evening. If more boarding groups are able to be accommodated that evening, guests will be notified through the My Disney Experience app by a push notification (if enabled).
If you’re needing some ideas of what to do while waiting for your turn to join the cause and fight the First Order, take a look at some recommendations below:
Check back here at Chip & Co for all things Disney and Star Wars!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney’s Chief Medical Officer has been honored with prestigious award - October 26, 2020
- White Rhinoceros gives birth at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - October 26, 2020
- Disneyland Cast Members to receive layoff notices - October 25, 2020