Hey there guys and gals Anonymouse here. I have been looking high and low for some gossip today and not only have I found a tidbit of new information but I think it will help answer some questions that I don’t think Chip could.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are always looking for ways to take what they do and do it even better. In the coming months they will be testing and rolling out a collection of tools at the Walt Disney World Resort called Disney’s My Magic+ that will give Guests more opportunities to customize and personalize your entire visit.
The goal of MyMagic+ is to make it easier for Guests to create the Disney experience you’ve been dreaming of-from securing a visit to your favorite attraction in advance… to a digital guide that simplifies how they move through the Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Parks… to the touch of a MagicBand that seamlessly connects all your plans-allowing you to enjoy each moment like never before.
Here is a look at some of the key features of MyMagic+. Here at Chip and Co we will be sharing more information as these become available to you over the coming year.
My Disney Experience
My Disney Experience (website and app) will simplify the online experience for Guests, making it easier to plan your Walt Disney World experience in advance and navigate the Parks during your stay.
- Mobile app gives you access to current attraction wait times, allows you to update tour plans, rovides helpful navigation, and offers tips and suggestions on things to do based on proximity.
- One place to keep all your plans and preferences. You can plan as much or as little as you prefer, allowing for spontaneity and changes in plans throughout your trip.
- Ability to connect and share your itinerary with family and friends online.
- Easy to select your “must do” experiences from home and update on the go, such as reserving Disney FastPass+ times in advance.
Disney’s FASTPASS service has always been a great way for Guests to save their place in line. Now Disney is taking this service to the next level with Disney FastPass+, which allows Guests to reserve Disney FastPass+ selections before you even leave home, enabling you to lock in the “must do” experiences at the Parks. The system is also flexible, allowing Guests to change their plans throughout their trip.
- For the first time ever Guests can select multiple Disney FastPass+ selections for each day of your trip online before leaving home … and they you update selections on the go.
- Choose their favorite experiences or get started with FastPicks, a feature that automatically makes Disney FastPass+ selection for each Guest, based on their preferences.
- Disney FastPass+ will expand to offer more options than ever, including:
- Even More Attractions and Shows
- More Character Meet & Greet Locations
- Nighttime Spectaculars (New)
- Parades (New)
The MagicBand will become Guests’ key to the world. Touch to enter. Touch to pay. The MagicBand makes it that simple.
- All-in-one connection to:
- Room Key
- Theme Park Tickets/Entry
- Disney FastPass+ Service
- Disney PhotoPass+ Media
- Touch to Pay Functionality (Food and Merchandise)
- MagicBand is fun and easy to use and a colorful keepsake
- Guests staying in a hotel that is not located within the Walt Disney World Resort will be issued a special RF card instead of the MagicBand.
- Initially MyMagic+ will only be available to Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel. Once it rolls out to off-site Guests later this year, they will be issued a RFID card. However, off-site Guests will have the option of purchasing a MagicBand at an additional cost.
- We are still waiting to hear more about how MyMagic+ will be implemented for Annual Passholders. We’ll share more information once it’s available.
- The MagicBand works off of RFID technology, which is not the same as the internet WiFi found throughout the Parks. They have been testing MagicBands in the Parks for some time now and have found that they are working well.
- DVC members will receive communication that outlines how they will be able to get their discounts under the new system.
- If MyMagic+ rolls out prior to your vacations you will receive all the necessary information you’ll need prior to your trip.
- Everyone who visits the Walt Disney World Resort for any length of stay will be able to take advantage of Disney FastPass+.
Anywho that is all the Disney Gossip I have right now. For my past Gossip articles be sure to check them out here.
- Taking the Disney Guest Experience to the Next Level by adding My Magic+ (chipandco.com)
- More Disney FastPass+ Testing Coming in December (chipandco.com)