Walt Disney World Resort issued a Tropical Weather Information Update this morning for current resort guests. In addition, even though no major impact or signs of damage occurred at Orlando International Airport overnight, all flights remain cancelled for today. It is hoped that flight schedules will resume by tomorrow morning, October 8th.
FOR CURRENT WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUESTS
Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel at the present time are advised to remain indoors through the duration of the storm. For more information – including important safety measures they can take, Guests should speak with the nearest Cast Member.
While we continue to take every necessary precaution throughout Hurricane Matthew, please be aware of the following – in the instance that a Guest’s vacation plans have been directly affected:
- Most Disney Resort hotel restaurants will remain open. However, if Guests wish or need to cancel or modify a dining reservation affected by Hurricane Matthew, cancellation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests.
- In addition, Disney Resort hotel cancellation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests. For information on checking out early and/or receiving a reimbursement, Guest should visit the Front Desk of their Disney Resort hotel and a Cast Member will assist them in processing a refund for unused nights of their stay, park tickets and dining entitlements.
- If flights home have been canceled, Guests who booked directly with the airline and the flights are being moved, we will assist in moving the Disney Resort stay (based on availability.) For Guests who booked airline travel through Walt Disney Travel Company, we will assist with obtaining another flight (based on availability) and in moving the Disney Resort stay.
- If booked with Disney, we will waive fees to modify airline flight dates and package accommodations. For Guests who have booked a reservation on their own, we will connect them with their airline to assist with obtaining a wavier for their reservation so we can modify the land portion of their reservation.
- If Guests need to checkout early or move the dates of stay, they can go to the Disney Resort front desk where a Cast Member can assist in processing a refund for the unused nights, tickets and dining entitlements.
- Guests who have specific questions on Travelex® insurance coverage, can contact Travelex at 888-246-4967.
- Best Friends Pet Care is closed through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016. A crew will remain with the animals.
- If Guests have made FastPass+ selections that cannot be used due to the closure of our theme parks, they can modify their selections online or by using the My Disney Experience mobile app.
- PhotoPass Guest Support operations will be limited through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
Based on the most recent forecasts for Hurricane Matthew, several destinations, special events and experiences at the Walt Disney World® Resort are closed or have been cancelled.
CLOSURES, CANCELATIONS AND MORE
- All 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks are closed through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach® Water Park is closed through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon® Water Park is closed through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Disney Springs™ is closed through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016. Characters in Flight at Disney Springs is closed through Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016. For re-booking, refunds and other options, please call 407-939-7818 beginning at 9 a.m. ET on Monday, Oct. 10, 2016. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground – including our Campsites and Cabins is closed through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016. All performances of Hoop-DeeDoo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ through that date have been canceled as well.
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has been canceled through Friday evening, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Select spa locations – including La Vida Health Club at Disney’s Coronado Resort, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness – are closed through Saturday, Oct. 8, 2016.
- Events scheduled through Oct. 8, 2016 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, including the Disney Cross Country Classic 2016 and Baseball Canada National Team Fall Training sessions – have been canceled.
Contact email@example.com or visit my Facebook page here to start planning your next magical Disney vacation. All of my planning services are 100% FREE and can help save you both time and money.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!