As the Disney Parks get closer to the reopening date, we have an updated message from Dr. Pamela Hymel.
“As we continue with the phased reopening of Disney locations around the world, i wanted to update you on our plans and the principles that guide us as we welcome guests back to the magic.
Josh D’Amaro, our Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, said it best when he spoke about the trust you have in the Disney brand. As we prepare for the reopening of our destinations, this is a responsibility we take very seriously. We know what a privilege it is to continue to earn your trust every day.
Our domestic theme parks were among the first to close earlier this year and they will be among the last to reopen when guests return in July in California, pending state and local government approvals, and in Florida. Disney parks have always been places for families to gather, to celebrate important moments in their lives, and to make memories that will last a lifetime. This legacy of integrity, care, and community is what guides us as we prepare for the return of our cast members and guest.”
This is what you can expect once the Disney Parks reopen in July:
- Reducing capacity
- Temperature checks for guests prior to entering the theme parks
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting (specially high traffic areas)
- Adjusting experiences to accommodate physical distancing
- Requiring face coverings for guests 2 and older
- Empowering guests with options like contactless payments
- Easy access to hand washing and hand sanitizer locations
For Cast Members:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning in work areas
- Adjusting work practices to promote physical distancing
- Requiring temperature checks and face coverings
- Additional training on new measures and importance of personal health best practices like hand washing and covering coughs
- Staying home when ill
Promote Safety Together
It’s very important to remember that many of the actions we all take in our daily lives to help reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 are designed to help protect not only ourselves but others as well.
So when you follow the measures implemented at Disney Parks, you are helping everyone have a magical experience!
At the parks, Cast Members will be available to explain the new procedures and answer any questions guests may have. A new health and safety campaign featuring The Incredibles will also be available to remind you of the healthy measure that must be taken during your visit.
The Magic Returns
You can look more into it here. You will now have to make a reservation for the date you want to visit the park and park hopping will be temporarily unavailable.
We hope this information was helpful and you have a magical welcome back to Disney in July!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!