This week Universal Orlando Resort submitted plans to begin reopening in phases starting on June 1st.
June 1st and 2nd the resort will open to team members to test the new safety protocols. June 3rd and 4th will be open to invited guests and annual passholders. And finally, on June 5th Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay will welcome guests back.
“We want to invite guests back to our theme parks in a cautious and thoughtful way,” said Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Universal Parks & Resorts. “We have put new health and safety procedures in place for both our team members and guests. And we have worked hard to make sure our guests can enjoy their time with family and friends. Doing this the right way will take all of us — and we need everyone’s help. Guests should follow our guidelines and continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC and health officials.”
With the reopening, several new safety measures will be in place, including:
- Temperature checks at every entrance, as well as for every employee.
- Masks will be mandatory for all guests and employees. Those without a mask will be offered one for free. Stores will also sell face coverings.
- Staggered parking
- Managed and reduced daily park attendance
- Managed and reduced attraction ridership, show attendance and restaurant seating. Some areas and events may remain closed for now.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of food locations, ride vehicles, restrooms and other frequent “touch points” that go beyond Universal’s already aggressive cleaning procedures
- Social distancing practices at all locations through the parks, within attractions and queues and at restaurants
- Use of virtual lines at select attractions
- Cashless payments and “no touch” policies where possible
Universal’s hotels are an important part of the guest experience. Reopening plans are being finalized and will be shared as soon as they are available.
You can see all of Universal’s safety guidelines here.For more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Disney World to present reopening plans to Orange County Wednesday - May 26, 2020
- Tokyo Disneyland’s Shopping District to Reopen on June 1st - May 26, 2020
- Disneyland can Reopen Under Phase 3 Guidelines as Early as June - May 26, 2020