This is halloween, this is halloween! Well, not yet but who said we can’t start planning our decorations?
This Jack Skellington garland is perfect to put a spooky touch to your home! Plus is super easy to make.
So put on “The Nightmare Before Christmas” on Disney+ and spend a cozy afternoon crafting!
- White cotton string
- Black felt
- Water balloons
- Liquid fabric starch
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Blow up your water balloons so they are about 4 inches wide and tie off the ends.
- Cut the white cotton string into long lengths (about 5 feet long).
- Print the Jack Skellington template, you can find it here. Then cut out the eyes, nose and mouth and trace them onto the black felt.
- Cut out the pieces from the felt (you’ll need a pair of eyes, nose and mouth for each Jack string ball)
- Pour liquid starch into a bowl then place your ballon into the bowl. Then dip the ends of your 5 foot white string into the bowl and wrap the string around your ballon, soaking the string in the starch before you wrap.
- Add more lengths of white string. Once the balloon resembles a very messy spider web, hang the balloon up to dry. Make sure to place paper towels or craft paper under the balloons as they will drip.
- Cut a piece of string about a foot long and tie one end to the end of the balloon (this is the string you will use to hang your ballon so it can dry).
- Repeat this process with each Jack string ball you wish to add to your garland.
- Once all the string balls are dry, pop the balloons and pull them out through a gap in the string.
- Glue on a pair of eyes, a mouth, and nose to each ball. Then tie them to a long ribbon, yearn, or string garland, evenly spacing them.
- Cut off extra string after you have ties them into place. And done!
Now you have a Jack Skellington garland to decorate your house for Halloween or even Christmas!
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Mickey Toast To Add Some Magic To Your Mornings! - October 15, 2021
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021