This is halloween, this is halloween! Well, not yet but who said we can’t start planning our decorations?
This Jack Skellington garland is perfect to put a spooky touch to your home! Plus is super easy to make.
So put on “The Nightmare Before Christmas” on Disney+ and spend a cozy afternoon crafting!
- White cotton string
- Black felt
- Water balloons
- Liquid fabric starch
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Blow up your water balloons so they are about 4 inches wide and tie off the ends.
- Cut the white cotton string into long lengths (about 5 feet long).
- Print the Jack Skellington template, you can find it here. Then cut out the eyes, nose and mouth and trace them onto the black felt.
- Cut out the pieces from the felt (you’ll need a pair of eyes, nose and mouth for each Jack string ball)
- Pour liquid starch into a bowl then place your ballon into the bowl. Then dip the ends of your 5 foot white string into the bowl and wrap the string around your ballon, soaking the string in the starch before you wrap.
- Add more lengths of white string. Once the balloon resembles a very messy spider web, hang the balloon up to dry. Make sure to place paper towels or craft paper under the balloons as they will drip.
- Cut a piece of string about a foot long and tie one end to the end of the balloon (this is the string you will use to hang your ballon so it can dry).
- Repeat this process with each Jack string ball you wish to add to your garland.
- Once all the string balls are dry, pop the balloons and pull them out through a gap in the string.
- Glue on a pair of eyes, a mouth, and nose to each ball. Then tie them to a long ribbon, yearn, or string garland, evenly spacing them.
- Cut off extra string after you have ties them into place. And done!
Now you have a Jack Skellington garland to decorate your house for Halloween or even Christmas!
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!