Life is batter with cake!
Specially if we are talking about the Grapefruit Cake from The Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! It’s refreshing and sweet, perfect for this Spring.
That’s why we want to share with you this easy recipe so you can bake a delicious cake with your family at home!
- Grapefruit Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 can (16oz) grapefruit pieces
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 packages (8oz each) cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 6 drops of yellow food coloring (optional)
- Preheat the over to 350F
- Lightly grease a 9 x 2 inch round cake pan. Then line the bottom with wax paper and grease again
- In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- In another bowl mix the egg yolks, oil, water, grapefruit juice and lemon zest until is smooth then add the flour mixture.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg whites and cream of tartar then add into the egg yolk mixture and blend together
- Pour into the round cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Once is done invert the cake still in the pan and let it cool for a few minutes
- With a spatula or knife remove the cake carefully, then cut the cake in half horizontally
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on the bottom layer and cover with a few grapefruit pieces. Cover the the top layer and spread more cream cheese on top and the sides then add the remaining grapefruit pieces
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Mix the cream cheese with an electric mixer until is light and fluffy
- Then add the lemon juice and lemon zest
- Gradually add the sugar and blend well
- Add the yellow food coloring as desire and mix
Easy right? Check out some of our other recipes:
Credit: Disney Weddings
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie To Surprise Everyone This Thanksgiving! - November 25, 2021
- Holiday It’s A Small World Cookies To Celebrate Christmas! - November 23, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Mouse Peppermint Cookies To Bake During The Holidays! - November 23, 2021