Craving something sweet and cool? I think a Tres Leches Cake is what you need!
This sweet and spongy treat is a popular type of cake in Mexico and one that can be found at Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival!
If you don’t want to wait until next year when the festival is back, you can just recreate this treat at home with this easy shared by Disney:
TRES LECHES CAKE
- 1 1/2 cups of pastry flour
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- 8 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup of sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar
- Whipped cream, toasted coconut, for topping
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup of white rum
- 8 oz of guava paste
- 1 cup of warm water
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 10 inch cake pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a small mixing bowl.
- Place egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar in a bowl of standing mixer with wire whisk. Whip on high speed to thick, light ribbon stage.
- Remove from mixer, pour liquid into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Clean bowl of standing mixer with wire whisk and beat until foamy. Add cream of tartar and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar. Whip on medium speed until whites are glossy and stiff, but not dry.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold 1/3 of egg whites into whipped egg yolks. Repeat until all egg whites are incorporated.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of sifted flour over batter and fold in. Repeat until all flour is incorporated. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake until golden brown and spongy, about 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and place pan on wire rack. Soak with syrup while cake is warm, repeating until cake is throughly saturated.
- Ice cooled cake with whipped cream. Sprinkle with coconut and drizzle with guava paste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
For guava sauce
- Place guava paste in bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on low speed to break down guava paste, increasing speed if necessary.
- Slowly add warm water until sauce is thin enough to drizzle.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Delicious Trenette Al Pesto From Luca That You Can Make At Home! - July 26, 2021
- These Dole Whip Popsicles Are The Perfect Summer Treat! - July 25, 2021
- These Little Mermaid Cupcakes Have Us Flipping Our Fins With Happiness! - July 24, 2021