People always tell me or post about how they never spend time in their rooms at Disney or time at the resort, and that they are only there to sleep, so they only want to stay at a value resort. Sound familiar? Well, I say the opposite (sometimes)…and you may too if you knew what you were missing.
All the Disney resorts have unique activities and some have many reasons to do more than just sleep there! I am going to explore all the ins and outs of the Grand Floridian and maybe if you book your next vacation there you will plan a “resort day” or if you are staying somewhere else, no problem, a lot of these activities are open to anyone so you can have a Grand Floridian Resort Day too!
At the Grand Floridian elegance from the Victorian era helps make the end of day relaxation much easier. The rooms are large and comfortable and the decor is flawless. The nicest thing about the Grand Floridian, besides it being a “Monorail Resort” is the staff. From check-in to check out do not have to life a finger, that is unless you want too. For instance, your bags are delivered to your room and when you are in a farther out building near the water even you are delivered via golf cart to your room. Basically, your wish is their command.
What makes the Grand Floridian so unique, other than unique people like the Teddy Bear Lady? Read on for why you should splurge and have a few nights at the Grand Dame of Walt Disney World!
1. Amazing dining options – whether you want a quick bite, a regular table service meal, or the most signature dining experience of them all…eat some meals at the Grand Floridian.
- Victoria & Albert’s – this is an AAA Five Star Diamond Award Winner
- 1900 Park Fare
- Garden View Tea Room
- Cítricos Lounge
- Mizner’s Lounge
- Gasparilla Island Grill
- Beach Pool Bar
- Courtyard Pool Bar
In-Room Dining – 24 hour room service
2. World Resort Spa – the newly refurbished Senses, the place to go relax and rejuvenate while you are spending your time at Walt Disney World.
3. Recreation Options – it seems the options are endless! Being a resort on the Seven Seas Lagoon has lended itself to some unique vacation experiences when you want a few minutes away from the park.
- Motorized Boat Rentals
- Pirate Adventure Cruise
- Pools with poolside cabanas
- Sailboat Rentals
- Movies Under the Stars
- Arcadia games
- Jogging along the lagoon
- Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy
Even if you want to just have a romantic evening, you can watch the fireworks from the beach while sitting in the pristine white sand of the Grand Floridian’s beach area.
This hotel has shopping, restaurants, great staff, lots of extra’s and it is somewhere that I promise once you have stayed there you will always remember that trip as a different magical!
Let me know if you have stayed at the Grand Floridian or have plans to stay there? What is your favorite resort and why?
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Spa to Reopen Soon Under New Ownership…Disney Ownership That Is! (chipandco.com)
- Gingerbread Holiday Displays at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!