Mmm Chocolate! I love just about anything chocolate and when it comes to dessert I’m normally looking for something with chocolate in, on, or around it. Is this the case for you as well? Do you love chocolate? Well, have no fear, Disney World has something for everyone when it comes to food and this is especially true for those that are lovers of chocolate. If you’re looking for somewhere to get your chocolate fix then look no further than these ten places spread throughout the four main parks and Disney Springs.
- Starring Rolls Café – The spot for cupcakes in Hollywood Studios, Starring Rolls is also a great place to stop in for some chocolate – in cupcake form, of course! Both the Butterfinger Cupcake and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake are great choices for chocolate lovers. If you’re not a cupcakes person *gasp* there are other chocolate options here are well that include chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and chocolate croissants.
- Les Halles Boulangeries-Patisserie – This bakery in the France Pavilion at Epcot offers so many choices for all palates that it’s hard to decide what you want to eat as you walk through the line and past all of the delicious treats. This problem holds true for chocolate lovers, too, but it’s a good problem! As I write this there are eight different chocolate treats available here including a variety of mousses, as well as eclairs, croissants, breads, and cookies.
- Goofy’s Candy Co. – This candy shop in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs offers something for everyone. Chocolate treats are available in a variety of pre-packed options, a case full of ready to eat fresh treats like cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and chocolate covered sweets, and a create-our-own station. That’s right! You can have a cast member customize a treat for you with your choice of chocolate and toppings!
- L’Artisan des Glaces – If you’re looking for chocolate ice cream treat, this is the place for you. You can find this cute little ice cream shop in the back of the France Pavilion, right next door to the Les Halles. There are three different ice cream flavors that involve chocolate, but that’s not all! There are also special ice cream treats like the Chocolate Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich and the Croque Glace which is a pressed brioche and ice cream sandwich.
- Prairie Outpost & Supply – This little shop in Frontierland that many guests pass right by is full of treats! There are pre-packaged treats, jelly beans, and a display case full of deliciousness. The case is usually filled with fudge, many varieties of which are chocolate as well as chocolate covered treats and cookies. Stop on by for a chocolate treat to help you complete your journey through the West.
- Main Street Confectionery – Stop by the Confectionery on your out of Magic Kingdom for a chocolate treat to take back to your resort with you for a snack later – if it can make it that far! Here you can find all kinds of chocolate goodies – candy apples, cupcakes, cookies, fudge, and all manner of chocolate covered things (cake pops, crispy treats, marshmallows, pretzels, and fruit)!
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments – If you’re hit with a need for chocolate while you’re visiting Animal Kingdom, have no fear! Head over to Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Africa. Here you can choose from delicious treats like a Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich, a Chocolate Waffle, a Mickey Sundae, and Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans! This is a great place to stop before or after your safari.
- Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop – This is a chocolate lover’s paradise – after all Ghirardelli is all about chocolate. One side of this shop is all about the ice cream and the other is all about the chocolate. I can never walk out without buying a bag or two of chocolate, but the ice cream treats are also amazing and every single one involves chocolate. The best part is that as you enter the store you’ll be given a free piece of chocolate. What could be better than that?!
- Karamell Kuche – This little shop in the Germany Pavilion is known for its caramel, but that’s not all they serve. The massive display case is full of chocolate treats, many of which do involve caramel which makes them even better! Indulge in chocolate covered caramel, chocolate covered fruit, Caramel S’mores bars and so much more!
- The Ganachery – The name of this shop says it all! Recently open in Disney Springs this place is all about the chocolate. They make and serve a variety of chocolate treats including chocolate lollipops, chocolate bars, and you guessed it – ganaches.
Where is your favorite place at Disney World to pick up a chocolate treat? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, and I love chocolate, especially at Disney! I would be happy to help you plan and book your next magical vacation! Contact me at email@example.com to start planning and follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information!
Photo Credit: Disney