With three of Disney Cruise Line‘s ships now sailing out of Florida, you have more chances than ever to visit Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay. Check out this list of the top ten things to do at Castaway Cay:
- Begin your day off relaxed with yoga on the beach. Be one of the first off the ship and to the peaceful Serenity Bay for morning yoga, one of the many fitness classes included in your cruise. You can practice relaxing yoga techniques on the warm sand of this pristine beach, just steps away from calm, turquoise waters.
- Get wet from with swimming, snorkeling and floating. Castaway Family Beach is home to special swimming and snorkeling lagoons for those who want to cool off. You can drift on floats or in inner tubes, swim with tropical fish and search for sunken treasures, including a hidden Mickey!
- Get up-close and personal with stingrays. Castaway Ray’s Stingray Adventure gives you the chance to feed, touch and snorkel with stingrays in a private lagoon. This up-close encounter also includes a fun info session led by a marine specialist to tell you about interesting facts about stingrays.
- Enjoy the crystal clear water from above. Parasailing, water cycling, paddle boating, paddle boarding, kayaking and sailboating are all ways you can enjoy the ocean without even jumping in it.
- Make a huge splash at Pelican Plunge. Just a short swim from shore, you can venture to the floating Pelican Plunge for tons of get-wet fun. A giant “bucket dump” is sure to soak you, and two water slides – one open and the other enclosed – take you on a twisting ride into the lagoon.
- Take a photograph with your favorite Disney friends. Enjoy lots of photo opportunities with Disney characters in their beach attire. Character meet-and-greets in front of iconic backdrops like the ship and Mt. Rustmore make for great family pictures, too!
- Explore the 1,000-acre island on foot or bicycle. There are a number of paths to the island’s interior that can be explored either on foot or bicycle. The morning runDisney Castaway Cay 5K is a great way to get to know the island and take in the lush tropical landscape, without costing you a thing!
- Send “snail mail” from the Bahamian post office. Castaway Cay has its own post office where you can send a message to family and friends back home. Bahamian stamps are required, making it even more fun to mail a souvenir postcard to yourself to commemorate your time on the island!
- Climb the 40-foot-tall observation tower. For a breathtaking view of Castaway Cay and the ship in the distance, you can journey down the bike trail toward the interior of the island and climb 47 steps to the top of the observation tower. Don’t forget your camera!
- Join in on a unique family activity like only Disney can do. One-of-a-kind island activities are great ways for your family to have fun together. Cheer on a new “friend” in our crab races or excavate artificial whale bones and other fossilized treasures in the Family Whale Dig.
Don’t forget that we are hosting a Chip and Co Land and Sea package next fall! We will be at Walt Disney World October 11-16, 2014 and then on a 3-night Bahamian Cruise October 16-19, 2014 where you will have the opportunity to experience Castaway Cay first-hand! You can also enjoy exclusive events just for our fans. Plus, we have discounted rates that you won’t find anywhere else!
Would you like to plan a Disney Cruise or Disney World vacation or join us in October? Contact Siera today at email@example.com or 734-771-1290. Be sure to let her know Chip and Co. sent you for a special gift!
When Siera isn’t helping plan Disney vacations or sharing the latest Disney news, you can find her spreading magic on Facebook and Twitter. Are you planning a Disney Cruise Line or Disney World vacation? Siera, a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, would love to help you! Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-771-1290!
This site contains affiliate links to products on Etsy, ShopDisney and Amazon. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.