If you are a local, or if you get a chance to spend some alone time together at Walt Disney World with your significant other, romance and fun dates are sure to be a hit when they take place at the Happiest Place on Earth! Here are our top ten ideas for a romantic date at WDW:
10. If your passes include a water park option, you can head to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach and spend a romantic day floating in a double tube down the lazy river. For those seeking a little more adventure, you can also double-ride on many of the water slides in the water parks. Relax together with a cool, refreshing drink or ice cream treat under a shade tree in lounge chairs. Hold on to each other and ride the waves in the wave pool. Don’t forget to massage each other with plenty of sunscreen throughout the day!
9. Character Hunt Challenge! Head to your favorite park. Grab a times guide and make a plan for visiting as many characters as possible in the amount of time you have. For each character you visit, take a photo of you both kissing and see what the character does! Most CMs at charater meet and greets will snap photos with your camera or phone, as well as Photo Pass photos if you have purchased the Memory Maker package. Make an album with all your kissy pics after your trip!
8. Hollywood Studios is a great park for snuggling. The viewing areas for all of the stage shows allow you to be as close as you want. You can cuddle on Great Movie Ride and in the Muppets 3D theater. Hold hands during Tower of Terror. Hold hands during the Backlot Tour. Grab some popcorn and drinks and snuggle while watching Fantasmic! The cuddling possibilities at Hollywood Studios are endless!
7. Head to Animal Kingdom Lodge for an evening by the fire pit. Storytellers weave fascinating tales of African folklore while you rock in wooden rocking chairs next to a huge fire pit. Grab a drink and some Zebra Domes from the Mara food court before settling in for an evening by the fire. Animal Kingdom Lodge also has night-vision goggles for you to use to view the wildlife on the savannas.
6. Go for a stroll along the boardwalk at the Boardwalk Resort. Try your hand at winning your sweetheart a stuffed animal prize at the midway carnival games. Stop to enjoy some of the boardwalk performers. Arrive at Jelly Rolls slightly before 7pm (to ensure you get a table) and spend the evening listening to dueling pianos while sipping on cocktails.
5. Before your trip, plan a subtle (or obvious) pirate Disney Bounding outfit for each of you. Nothing elaborate is necessary, just some accessories to suggest a pirate attire. For your Disney Date head to Magic Kingdom and go to Adventureland. There are several areas around Pirates of the Caribbean to pose for photos where your pirate look will be highlighted. Watch the Pirate Tutorial. Ride Pirates of the Caribbean. Explore the Pirates Bazaar gift shop (excellent photo opportunities with pirate gear in there!), and ride the jungle cruise. Hand-in-hand you can explore the Swiss Family Tree House, or snuggle close in the Enchanted Tiki Room. Don’t forget to enjoy a Dole Whip while braving Adventureland together!
4. Pack a light blanket in a backpack. Take the monorail or boat from the Ticket and Transportation Center or Magic Kingdom to the Polynesian Resort about an hour before the Electric Water Pageant is scheduled to pass by that resort. Once you get to the Polynesian, go to Captain Cook’s and get two Dole Whips. Proceed to find the beach viewing area (taking in the beautiful ambiance of the Polynesian all along the way) and set up your blanket. Enjoy your cool tropical treats during the show and relax on the beach for a quiet, relaxing evening in an exotic, romantic setting. You can even get a good glimpse of Wishes from this spot!
3. This one is perhaps the most obvious…When you pack your suitcases to travel to WDW, be sure to include some battery-operated candles. Set them up in your hotel room. Use your cell phone to play a romantic set of music (there are some instrumental Disney remixes available on popular music download sites) and enjoy some private, quiet alone time in your room. You can begin with a soak in the pool or hot tub first, and of course add some wine or sweet treats from the hotel gift shop, too.
2. Pack a light blanket in a backpack along with a cell phone that has internet capabilities. Head to Epcot about 2 hours before IllumiNations is scheduled to begin. Upon arrival, walk to the entrance of World Showcase and take the friendship boat to the right across to the France pavilion area. You can both then proceed to purchase the evening’s libations and snack, or one person go into the France pavilion (back to Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles) and get a couple of baguettes and a cheese plate. The other person can go get two Grand Marnier orange slush drinks at the kiosk along the water in front of France. Once reunited, head to the bridge between France and United Kingdom and set up your blanket along the side, careful not to obstruct pedestrian traffic. While enjoying your drinks and snack, use the internet to look up random and interesting facts about France, the United Kingdom, and other World Showcase countries as you wait for IllumiNations to begin. Use the cell phone to also capture a photo of you during your romantic evening in Epcot.
1. Pack a light blanket, two bottles of water or soda, a Disney card game or board game, and two plastic swirley straws in a backpack. Don’t forget your camera or cell phone. Head to Magic Kingdom a couple of hours before Celebrate the Magic and Wishes are scheduled to begin. Upon arrival, go to Liberty Square and purchase a Nutella and Fruit Waffle Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. Take this delectable treat to the front of Cinderella’s Castle and set your blanket on the paved area so you will be right in the front of it for viewing the nighttime shows. Sit on the blanket and enjoy your waffle, waters/soda with swirley straws, and board/card game while waiting for the shows to begin. Snuggle closer once the projection show begins. Take a selfie of yourselves in front of the castle during the show or fireworks to capture a memory of your evening at the castle.
Do you have ideas for budget-friendly romance at Walt Disney World? Share them in the comments or on Facebook!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!